ferrari f1 2000

C

CDW

a very nice job but.... being pedantic :smiling3: ...

ferrari won the constructors championship in 1999 if memory serves therefore rubens car would be number 2 even though it was his first year driving with shewie for the team in 2000.

R

Richy C

Ruben was number 4 , Mikka Hakkinen won the drivers championship in 1999 so for 2000 Mclaren cars ran 1 and 2 and Ferrari ran 3 and 4 , if memory serves me right that was the year Schumacher bust his leg half way through the season at silverstone , the winner of the drivers championship always wear number one the following season no matter how the constructors finnished .

anyway nice build Peter

Richy

C

CDW

yep you're right rich, I had a double take just after I posted, for some strange reason I thought shewie won in 99.

bit embarrased actually as I'm a big maclaran fan.

sorry Peter ignore the old prat that I am :smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
ta for replies iam not shcumi fan so when i do a car from his team i wont be him,why you ask think of a race in 1994 and one mr damon hill

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
thanks for replies

nice replies iam not a shcumi fan so when i do a car from his team i wont be him,why you might ask think of the end of 1994 and one mr damon hill

C

CDW

I've watched the F1 for 42 years now and shuwie ranks very near the bottom of my personal list, don't like his underhanded race tactics, or the way he got his god like attitude and won so many chmpionships only due to the fact he had the best car cos ferrari had the most money to spend (and donate (ahem) to the FIA). now there's a cap on spending ferrari struggle with their upgrades like everyone else, it's all to do with driving ability again and this season is great, its almost like watching Hill snr, Andretti, Prost, Hunt, Mansell and the man himself Mr Ayrton Senna da Silva.

Anyway sorry for posting and digressing on your thread Peter, went on a rant there eh?

Got anymore F1 builds ??

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
i do have 2 more older f1 builds a tamiya lotus and ehem a 97 f1 ferrari ill see if i can dig em out

R

Richy C

I`m building a Lotus 25 and martini 79 as we speak , will post some pics at the weekend.

Schumacher and Senna both come out of the win at all costs mould , Alain Prost will vouch for that with Senna , saying that Senna`s still one of my all time favourite drivers along with Mansell always gave 100% , Johnny Herbert I was at brands for the formula ford festival in the 80`s what a fantastic drive , and the late great Jim Clark , I never saw him race ( to young ) but he was my Dads hero and still is his hero to this day , taken from us far to early in a poxy nothing formula 2 race.

Richy

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
tamiya lotus

here it is 1 tamiya lotus belonging to mr j herbert sorry about the ferrari next to it but they are my older builds when i was not so good at it i plan to do another lotus to replace my older one

View attachment 51520

100_0143.jpg

F

Fest

those are very cool :smiling3:

i'm a big F1 fan myself, and have just ordered 3 cars to keep me busy over the next few weeks. I hope they are completed to the same standard as yours :smiling3: