Fierce Dragon

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I just bought this puppy

Trumpeter CAC/PAC FC-1 Fierce Dragon (JF-17 Thunder) 1/48 ............ and the Dream Model Cockpit Upgrade to go with it. So this'll be my next build after I finish the Swordfish.

I'll post up some progress piccies when I start it.

.......and I just ordered a airbrush and compressor.

New toys all round.:yes:

Cheers to All

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
It hasn't even turned up yet and already I'm researching and working out what modifications there needs to be..... Apparently the the exhaust nozzle is not accurate and needs changing for the MiG 29 version. Apparently the engines on the real planes are pretty much the same. I understand these are available "Quickboost" do them in resin. So I guess I need to find me one of them.

Peter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Interesting, It looks rather like a Chinese "rip-off" of an F16.....

I'll be looking in on this when you get going...

Ian M

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Interesting, It looks rather like a Chinese "rip-off" of an F16.....I'll be looking in on this when you get going...

Ian M
It pretty much is a rip off F16 Ian .............. I found this article on that very same subject.

WinnCad Elements Blog: The Elusive Inexpensive F-16 Clone

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
It hasn't even turned up yet and already I'm researching and working out what modifications there needs to be..... Apparently the the exhaust nozzle is not accurate and needs changing for the MiG 29 version. Apparently the engines on the real planes are pretty much the same. I understand these are available "Quickboost" do them in resin. So I guess I need to find me one of them.Peter
I just found a pair of MiG-29 Nozzles .........

So that's about all I need now to crack-on when it turns up. As I've had to buy a pair if anyone else is taking a crack at this kit or any other single engine fighter that has the Klimov Klimov RD-33 or RD-93 Turbofan engine then I'll happily donate one.

Peter

B

Buttonman

You've fallen to the dark side my boy, you'll be etching and resining every thing now :grinball2:

no more out of the box builds for you.

Martin

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
LOL I thought about posting that as well Martin.

He's a man at the top of a slippery slope with one foot on a bar of soap and the other.......

Ian M

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I guess it's etched into my DNA ....... I'm a Quality Control Engineer......... and I like everything to be just peachy.

Peter