Figure Size Comparisons

First Name
Drew
I'm not sure if anyone's done this as a post before, I've seen lots of posts asking what actual size figures in certain scales would be but not one comparing the sizes of different brands.
This only occurred to me as I'd bought some 1:35 Trumpeter figures to be used alongside some 1:35 Masterbox figures and there's a considerable size difference. I know there's likely to be some variance between brands (as there is between real people) but this was like someone that's 5'8" standing next to someone that's 6'4" and it would look awful so I've had to rethink my planned scene.

I plan to post comparisons on this thread (brand X larger than brand Y, etc) and will add to this if I get a different brand
I've got others that I've already made and put into dioramas so I'll check those sizes and post the comparisons too.

If anyone else can add to this please feel free.

Edit: Scale removed from subject line. Thread can also include examples like brand X figures too large for brand Y vehicles.

Last edited:
Reactions: JR
First Name
Drew
Trumpeter figures are considerably larger than Masterbox figures, so much so that, in my opinion, they couldn't be used together if they were to be next to each other.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Doesn't this drive you mad Drew, the times I've gone to my figure box of parts only to find the suitable arm is completely odd.
I try now to stick to a couple of makes, seems the only way. I agree with your statement about different heights etc but there seems to be a real clash in the sizing by manufacturers, starting to think some are 1/35. 5 !

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hello Drew,
I had this kind of issue lots of times too.
A lot of pilot-figures tend to be too small because they need to fit inside a model that uses a wall tickness of 1-2mm.

I already posted this picture in my current build, the 1/48 Airfix pilot is quite a bit smaller then this 1/48 ICM figure (1.8m would be 37.5mm),
Steven_Bf109E_48_007.jpg

But then again in the same ICM figure-kit I had this guy (on the right) that was much smaller than the other guys...
People can be small in real life too, but their head would never shrink as much as their body, so you see the figure is 'off' immediately...
Steven_Bf109_x2_028.jpg

Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Slightly smaller/larger, but same scale figures can be advantageous in adding 'depth' to a relatively shallow diorama!