FIGURES

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Now need to see what the ammo looked like as it seems it may have to be scratched. :crying:
Scalemates shows two sets of ammo for this gun, one in resin and one in turned brass:
I haven’t checked if either is still available anywhere, though.

It also lists a few sets for the 12,8 cm FlaK 40 but that used a different cartridge case (9 cm longer, or about 2.5 mm in 1:35), so those would not be suitable.

Reactions: JR

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Seems this was going to be problematic from the start, history seem to say that this model never saw active service in this form.
41 did , just where they were , most things i can find say Europe

US army inspecting the muzzle brake of a pak44. ( according to info online )

I'll take a bet that the reason there are few photos are that by that time the German army had stopped taking the photos they did for propaganda etc , and these devices were being installed hastily in best defensive positions, not offensive.

usa inspecting.png

• Wow
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Scalemates shows two sets of ammo for this gun, one in resin and one in turned brass:
I haven’t checked if either is still available anywhere, though.

It also lists a few sets for the 12,8 cm FlaK 40 but that used a different cartridge case (9 cm longer, or about 2.5 mm in 1:35), so those would not be suitable.
Thanks Jakko, off to have a look. :thumb2:

1594029780787.png
Yes from RB , They show nil stock on their site, so have emailed.

41 did , just where they were , most things i can find say Europe

US army inspecting the muzzle brake of a pak44. ( according to info online )

I'll take a bet that the reason there are few photos are that by that time the German army had stopped taking the photos they did for propaganda etc , and these devices were being installed hastily in best defensive positions, not offensive.

View attachment 391739
Just shows Gary my quick search is not the way ! Thanks.:thumb2::smiling3:

Last edited: