Fill 'er up!

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
That should make you very pleased with your efforts. OK there are things you don't like or would do differently but that is true for all of us. We are our own worst critics. I reckon that is a great dio.

As for gluing ready painted parts to a model this is my way - for what it is worth. I tack the item in place using Gator's Grip Acrylic Hobby Glue. It is a water soluble white glue. It allows time for positioning and any excess glue cleans up with a damp brush. Sometimes that is enough but for added security I wick thin CA into the join. Ideally I'm with Tim - Paint in situ if at all possible.

Be happy - that dio works well :thumb2:

Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great job Andy, I think that's as much that can be done in composing a fill up maintenance dio.

Basically if you want to do more is to blend the ground work up onto the components for instance some subtle tracks made by the heavy Jug, tanker and jeep. For the tanker perhaps the tracks can look like he made a few passes at reversing. Some stains around the oil drums and the Jug. Wheel chucks and ladders or short stools can add clutter.

I know you're done but these suggestions can be applied to your next dio when you're ready again. :smiling3:

Cheers.
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone.

As with everything I've built I always know they are missing "something", little details here & there to lift them a bit that others instinctively seem to know about but I just can't envisage. One of the curses of Asperger's I suppose - lack of imagination.

I'm very happy with the basics though, and really glad you are too!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The guys have said it all Andy. A beautiful scene and well built by yourself. A great project all round