Filler advice

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, am going to have to do some filling on my locomotive, where several sheets of aluminium need fixing together. Can anyone recommend a filler for this, did have p-38 filler but it's gone hard, so before I buy some new stuff wondered if anyone has any recommendations, have other stuff but it's just for plastic.

D

Deleted member 7181

I know a lot about filler but tend to only work with much larger quantities than you'd ever use for a model, so not sure how much help I can be with suggestions. There's certainly nothing wrong with P-38, and it can be had in small quantities, unlike the 3 litre cans I get through!

If you want something with a lower viscosity I can highly recommend Dolphin Glaze. I use it as a final skim for all my bodywork as it flows and self levels to a certain extent. You can even get it to run if you put too much on, but it sands beautifully. A pouch of that would probably last a lifetime of models though! But due to it's packaging it's very unlikely harden as filler can in a tin.

If you want to try some just give me a shout, we always seem to have a few nearly empty packs lying around.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I know a lot about filler but tend to only work with much larger quantities than you'd ever use for a model, so not sure how much help I can be with suggestions. There's certainly nothing wrong with P-38, and it can be had in small quantities, unlike the 3 litre cans I get through!

If you want something with a lower viscosity I can highly recommend Dolphin Glaze. I use it as a final skim for all my bodywork as it flows and self levels to a certain extent. You can even get it to run if you put too much on, but it sands beautifully. A pouch of that would probably last a lifetime of models though! But due to it's packaging it's very unlikely harden as filler can in a tin.

If you want to try some just give me a shout, we always seem to have a few nearly empty packs lying around.
Hi, thought you might be the guy to ask, if it's good for you yeah I'll give it a go, if it's not a problem for you.