Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Saw this tonight .

RAF Marham
RAF Marham

@RAFMarhamMedia

The Tornado GR4 FINale flypasts are now confirmed! Tues 19, Wed 20, Thu 21 Feb. The attached maps show where you can get a glimpse of her, timings will be published later. Day 1 includes
@Nat_Mem_Arb

@RAF_Cosford

@RAF_Shawbury

@RAF_Valley

@BAESystemsAir

@RAF_Leeming

6:47 PM · Feb 11, 2019 · Twitter Web Client

Retweets

RAF Marham
RAF Marham

@RAFMarhamMedia

·
Feb 11

Replying to
@RAFMarhamMedia
Day 1 cont
@RAFLintonOnOuse

@RAFWaddington

@RAFCGY
Day 2 includes
@RAFHonington

@IWMDuxford

@RAFHalton

@RAFHighWycombe

@RAFBenson

@BritishArmy
HQ Land Forces Andover
@CardiffAirport

@RollsRoyceUK
Filton
@RAFBrizeNorton
Day 3 includes
@raflossiemouth
#FarewellTornado #ThanksTonka

Some of you may have the chance to see them .
John .

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm sure our thread "what flew over your house today is going to be pretty busy in the days ahead.
Shame about the Tonkas being put to grass. Over here we still fly F-16 But alas they to are being phased out for those F-35 abominations.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ian .
As we live near one of the air fields they will flying over , we hope to have a chance to see them and get some photos, if their not too quick :smiling2::smiling2:
John .

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I can imagine that there are a few pilots that will be standing before their bosses being 'reprimanded' for flying to low and to fast....

• Haha

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I can imagine that there are a few pilots that will be standing before their bosses being 'reprimanded' for flying to low and to fast....
And not giving a t0$$

Pete

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
And not giving a t0$$

Pete

They should , as of 2015 the tornados had not been fitted with collision warning systems , stupid mistake if planes are flying in formation.

Just some of the low level runs that resulted in crashes
  • 13 January 1991 ZD718 a Panavia Tornado GR.1 of 14 Squadron hit ground during a low level exercise in Oman, two killed.[37]
  • 17 January 1991 ZA392 a Panavia Tornado GR.1 of 27 Squadron flew into ground in Iraq following airfield attack, two killed.[37]
  • 24 January 1991 ZA403 a Panavia Tornado GR.1 of 17 Squadron flew into ground in Iraq following attack on radar station, two killed.[37]
I worked with some of the technicians who worked on both tornados and bucanneers ...... they said the bucanneer was a better plane to be in during ground attack.

• Wow

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Gary the aircraft is only as good as the pilots flying it. I remember loosing a 14 Sqn tonka because the pilot turned off the SPILS and thus stalled the aircraft. The aircraft piled in with engines going at max chat in combat mode(TBT tab used). The only reason the Italian exchange pilot got out was because the nav made sure he did.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm sure our thread "what flew over your house today is going to be pretty busy in the days ahead.
Shame about the Tonkas being put to grass. Over here we still fly F-16 But alas they to are being phased out for those F-35 abominations.
Yea I don't like em either rather have two engines like the tornado than those old F35 an I don't like the way the cockpit open it either it hinges forward eeeeerrrrrh:angry:
chris