Fine Molds 1:48 scale X-Wing and Tie Fighter

A

Armorbuilder65

Here's a couple ships I recently completed. I Built the X-Wing like the studio models were: No cockpit details painted and dremeled out the glass and fairly heavy weathering. The Tie fighter was kept pristine as per the films.

Robert:smiling3:

A

AJay

Nice builds and weathering. As it happens I've got Star Wars on in the b/g as I type this......

That Tie Fighter would look great with a small LED light installed.

D

dean_567

nice weathering on the x-wing, and defo agree with Ajay; LED on the Tie would look amazing, maybe behind the pilot...

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I so seriously want to get some SW kits. Would love an AT-AT or an AT-ST

H

harrier-1973

\ said:
I so seriously want to get some SW kits. Would love an AT-AT or an AT-ST
You may already have seen this but incase you haven't... starwarsmodels.com - The Star Wars Model Kit Gallery - Home

I'm sure there are other kits available but his list is very comprehensive.

John

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yep already have that site in my faves. But thanks for posting :smiling3:

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
great looking Space Fighters! I guess TIE Fighters lifespan was too short to get dirty :D

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice, really nice. I love starwars space craft and these are cracking.

Tony.

N

noble

\ said:
Here's a couple ships I recently completed. I Built the X-Wing like the studio models were: No cockpit details painted and dremeled out the glass and fairly heavy weathering. The Tie fighter was kept pristine as per the films.Robert:smiling3:
Hi Robert just a quick question, what base colour did you use for the x-wing? and what a cracker might i add lovely job on both the x-wing and tie fighter.

scott

S

saleem

lovely models,i have the 1/72 version of the xwing and went a bit over the top with the weathering.i ordered me a 1/48 just today and plan to have another build,bigger and better,i might use what you have done as a bit of inspiration for the next one as i intend to build it clean,some weathering but not as much as i did last time.

i think using the grey primer didnt help with the first build as it makes the top coat a little dark even though i used more white with touch of grey for the top coat.,i am going with a primer of flat white,the first build i used a flat white with a touch of greys (different ones)

nice builds.

:bounce: