Fine Molds Type 3 Chi-Nu, 1:35

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hope you manage to fix it Jakko!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I found the bag with leftover links :smiling3: I had assembled the recommended number, but like I said, I think they’re slightly too short, so more are needed. Adding five resulted in:

A1751A28-E21D-472F-8F96-5C503355B7E7.jpeg

With four they would be tight around the wheels, which may be more realistic but Japanese tanks often seemed to have quite saggy tracks, so I’m going with this.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well done....I imagine that was a big sigh of relief when you found them?!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking nice Jakko. Missing bits - I often build sub assemblies out of order, then sometime later experience that moment of 'where is it'

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Well done....I imagine that was a big sigh of relief when you found them?!!
That may be overstating it a little, but I wasn’t sure anymore that there were any links left over, and I had taken a quick look in one of my boxes with spare tracks and hadn’t seen them. Today I took a closer look and found them in it after all — the Friul set gives something like 20 links more than you need, so all is well.

I often build sub assemblies out of order, then sometime later experience that moment of 'where is it'
I always build things in a different order than the manufacturer tells me to, but luckily don‘t often find myself wondering what I haven’t done yet, or where I left bits :smiling3: The problem here, really, was that I couldn’t test-fit the tracks any earlier because I had left all the wheels and the twin-wheel suspension arms on the sprue so I could paint them more easily. Had I removed the wheels from the sprue before painting, then I would just have put the sprockets, idlers and the front and rear wheels on to see if the tracks were long enough yet. Instead, I had to trust the instructions, which we all know may not be the best move :smiling3:

they look good with the extra five.
Yes, not too sagged that they look like they would come off when the tank steers, but also not so tight that they give the impression of Sherman tracks or something.

First Name
Jean-Marc
Just stumble on your post , pretty interesting project and of course you can count on me to follow the rest of your built !..Go,go,gooooo

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, though there won’t be much more to build here — the model is on display now with others I feel are done :smiling3: