Fine Molds Type 3 Chi-Nu

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's turned out very nicely Jakko, despite the problems.

Well done.

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You can't see that you did not enjoy the build. It turned out very well. Like the camouflage.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
True :smiling3: The main part I didn’t enjoy was my airbrush shooting spiderwebs of paint all over the model on both attempts to use the paint I had. Building it was simple enough, and the rest of the painting also went well enough. Knocking off both of the headlights on separate occasions, including when putting on the tracks today, was also less than enjoyable :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, all :smiling3: There are still cobweb remains in some nooks and crannies where I couldn’t really get to them or didn’t notice them until they had hardened too much to get off, but hey :smiling3: The camouflage was airbrushed freehand, trying to follow the kit’s instructions but making it up for the right side and roof for the parts it didn’t show (it only had three views, front, left and rear). Apparently even this is better than what the Japanese army issued for the real vehicle, which were front, left and rear views of a single tank type, which was supposed to be used for all types, even completely different ones …

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Think it's well worth the .
The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Congratulations Jakko .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks, though I’m not sure I agree it’s worth the award :smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jakko
Sometimes a build just doesn't give the fun you expect. Often it's just one small aspect. Having said that it has come out very well. I do like the camo paint work.
I know I probably should know but "What is that starting handle thingy sticking up from the turret?"
Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s a machine gun pintle mount, but for some reason Fine Molds doesn’t include a gun to go on it …