Finest Products for Dioramas

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
A remarkable reply, thankyou.

I have recently acquired some Sculptamould which is actually difficult to purchase at the moment. I have yet to use it but I do have plenty of Styrofoam, I bought the Proxxon table hot wire cutter to help. There are some incredible resin ready made buildings out there but i'd like to try and build my own from scratch, the same applies to trees. 4D Modelshop offer a stunning "tree building" service as I can testify when I visited a few weeks ago.

I hadn't seen Per Olav's work before, incredible detail

Martin from Nightshift is an inspiration, the detail he goes into is insane. His "Cats and Dogs" Jagdpanther Normandy Dio is something I aspire to create. I'm actually a patreon
Cheers Steven

The hot wire cutter is a good investmest if you are planning to regularily use it. Would love one myself but simply dont have the space in the hobby cave:rolling:

Yes, I love that JP piece too. His vid on the figure painting is inspiring.

First Name
Steven
Cheers Steven

The hot wire cutter is a good investmest if you are planning to regularily use it. Would love one myself but simply dont have the space in the hobby cave:rolling:

Yes, I love that JP piece too. His vid on the figure painting is inspiring.
The thing is with Martin is that he tries something for the first time and it looks incredible. Most annoying;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The thing is with Martin is that he tries something for the first time and it looks incredible. Most annoying;)
Yes the techniques he uses reaffirms what I've been doing all these years has been the same way but obviously he does it better.:smiling2: so if you can follow him then you're on the right track. Everything needs to be painted even foliage that look natural to blend in.
Missed meeting Olav as he was invited the previous year to Shizuoka and our team went the next.:tired:

Cheers,
Richard

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
As others have said, don't forget about things that can be found out and about around you. My Normandy bocage dio has used locally sourced mosses, lichen, twigs and mud from my garden. I found it has saved my loads of money for just a little effort in getting it.

First Name
Steven
As others have said, don't forget about things that can be found out and about around you. My Normandy bocage dio has used locally sourced mosses, lichen, twigs and mud from my garden. I found it has saved my loads of money for just a little effort in getting it.
Have you finished this yet Alan?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks awesome, did you use an applicator for the grass?

Yeah a really cheap one found on evilbay. I think they make them out of fly zappers. Had it for years and it's never failed me