Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the build thread was not much more than an resume so with out further ado:

View attachment 30892 View attachment 30890 View attachment 30891 View attachment 30893 View attachment 30894 View attachment 30895 View attachment 30896

You might recall that I thought the green was to green in the build photos, with good reason. I grabbed the wrong paint pot!!! So a bit of wet rubbing and masking, I found some Xtracrylix RAF dark green and some White Ensign dark sea grey. Much better, even if the WEM paint took two days to dry!! I might just of given it a tad too much thinners..... :smiling:

I must admit I am a bit miffed at the roundels on the wings. Xtradecals, set on with Micro fix and micro sol. Could be seen as the "ideal" set up.... Wrong! the darn things wrinkled and refused to flatten out. You cant see it that much but its there, and I know it!!!

Bottom was in Alclad II. Windsor and Newton's paynes grey did the dirty.

Ian M

View attachment 35992

View attachment 35993

View attachment 35994

View attachment 35995

View attachment 35996

View attachment 35997

View attachment 35998

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

S

Sky Raider

You keep banging these out Ian, you got a production line going?. Nice work by the way.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Great looking build Ian, you got some great looking results with the alclad too!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Smashing build of my all-time favourite 'plane.

Gern

B

backonthecase

Very nice Ian, brings back memories of seeing these quiet little things at Lossie many many years ago!

What Alclad did you use for the underside? Looks to be 2 or 3 different shades on there?

Stuart

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice Ian,you like your jets don't you. I'm sure I saw a Hunter outside a museum somewhere in India a few years ago. It looked great if a bit neglected.

Cheers

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Ian mate, that is awesome mate. Definitely a five star build.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks guys.

I would not say I have a production line Andy, in fact I try to keep it to one build at a time these days. I do though always have something on the bench.

\ said:
What Alclad did you use for the underside? Looks to be 2 or 3 different shades on there?Stuart
If I recall there is actually four or five! Alu in white, semi-matt, polished and airframe. There might even be a bit of clear yellow and sepia under some of it... I painted them over a gloss black base and I must say that I find the effect more effective than when I just use a grey base coat.

Funny thing Steve is I actually prefer a prop at the front of flying things, I am still a "beginner" with the parafin burners...lol

Time for a spitfire or maybe seafire. In the pauses in the jaguar build....

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hunter F6 RIP :sad:

T'was a good thing that I took those photos yesterday and posted them up here. I came home and found that one of the cats had knocked it off the turntable, and sent it into a flat spin on to the floor....

Fortunately all the gear doors, pylons and the such where CA'ed in place so the CA gave before the plastic. Can not say the same about the UC legs though. Liquid poly. So the legs are smashed to six bits a leg, one of the wheels is AWOL. So the UC is now up doors closed. Looks rather daft with out a pilot!

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Sorry to hear that Ian,I've got a nice 150lb draw crossbow that makes great cat kabobs! Just let me know if ya want to borrow it I'll even throw in some Koplin razor points;) just kiddin'

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. The Hunter has some great lines, but the underside does it for me, I don't think anyone could improve on that finish.

Regards

Colin M...........

C

Caledonia

Hi Ian, a beautiful aircraft, beautifully presented in your model, a well deserved 5 star. Cheers Derek