FINISHED- SAS Helicopter - Modified 1/48 Trumpeter Aerospatiale AS365N Dauphin 2

C

Caledonia

8 Flight Army Air Corps is a little known branch of the British Army which provided transport for SAS operations. The Helicopters are painted in commercial colours so they do not raise any eyebrows at civilian airports. As well as providing covert transport, they also fly the SAS into action for anti-terrorist ops. The link below shows one such Helicopter, which I will be basing my model on. I have chosen ZJ782 to model, see the Airliners. net link below for photos of the actual Helicopter..

Photo Search Results | Airliners.net

The fit of the kit is far from Trumpeters usual standards. The kit is aimed at the Japanese market, with instructions in Japanese, but its a small simple kit so no problems. The kit was modified to extend the nose, add various antenna etc, and of course colour changes. The build log can be found here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes-helicopters/15307-sas-helicopter-modified-1-48-trumpeter-aerospatiale-as365n-dauphin-2-a.html

Anyway, here is my first attempt at a Helicopter, hope you enjoy the photos. Cheers Derek

View attachment 53462View attachment 53463View attachment 53464View attachment 53465View attachment 53466View attachment 53467

View attachment 55795

View attachment 55796

View attachment 55797

View attachment 55798

View attachment 55799

View attachment 55800

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

F5.jpg

F6.jpg

Last edited:
C

CDW

1st attempt?? not bad at all Derek .. looks clean, crisp and tidy from the images.

I'd be quite chuffed with that mate :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I'm writing you up for the Helicopter build!!!

First attempt! it Looks very nice indeed.

Ian M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Derek it looks a very clean and tidy build and with the modifications you have done 5 stars from me

M

mobear

what a fantastic job on this,1st time building? you are pretty good mate 5*s from me

mobear

B

backonthecase

Lovely, just lovely! You've done it proud Derek! 5 Stars from me also!! Great work!

Stuart

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good looking whirlybird you made there! I never knew that special forces used "civilian" helicopters,I'll never look at one the same way again :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

C

Caledonia

Thanks all for your kind comments, seemed strange to build a model without wings!!! Ian I have a 1:48 Seaking RAF Rescue Helicopter in my stash, but want to do a couple of other fixed wings before hand. Cheers Derek

F

Fenlander

Nice one Derek, again, something a bit out of the ordinary, love it!!

C

Caledonia

\ said:
Nice one Derek, again, something a bit out of the ordinary, love it!!
Thanks Graham, nice to see you back. Any projects on the go? Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job derek, a new one on me too , the SAS using civvie helis, top work , cheers tony