Finished

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
YZR-M1 50th Anniversary US

This special livery marks Yamaha's 50th Anniversary and acknowledges the significant contribution made by American riders to the marque's racing history. The Yamaha Motor Company was founded on July 1st 1955, just two weeks before the factory's first bike, the YA1, won its first race, the Mount Fuji Ascent race. Since then three American riders have won nine premier-class World Championships with Yamaha - 'King' Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson and Wayne Rainey, each taking three crowns across three decades, the 70s, the 80s and the 90s.

The Yamaha YZR-M1 50th Anniversary Valencia Edition No. 46 features a striking white body with red block pattern. In the 1970s this colour scheme was referred to as chain-block pattern. From the late 1970s onward, this colour scheme was referred to as a strobe line pattern and became infamous with the power of Yamaha racing. After the 4th year in the MotoGP, the YZR-M1 2005 model underwent drastic improvement to be considered a fully new model. The redesigned YZR-M1 featured a 4-stroke in-line 4 cylinder 990cc engine to improve speed and fuel efficiency. The fuel tank was lowered and the rear shock attached directly to the crankcase to ensure optimum weight concentration in the centre of the bike. Refined brakes and torque control systems. After the modifications to the YZR-M1 the Yamaha team went on to claim the Manufacturers and Riders Championship.

I would like to dedicate these builds to the memory of my brother in-law

Donald A Fraser 19/02/1961 – 28/03/2011

much loved and sorely missed

Simply the best

View attachment 34087

View attachment 34088

View attachment 34089

View attachment 34090

View attachment 34091

View attachment 34092

View attachment 34093

View attachment 34094

View attachment 34095

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

ns2.jpg

c3.jpg

c1.jpg

DSCF1359.jpg

ns3.jpg

c2.jpg

c4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CDW

Wayne Rainey is a name i hadn't heard in a while, must be nearly 20 years now since "Italy"

Anyway .... two really cracking models there and a nice dedication :smiling3:

Maybe you could get a nice mahogany display base for them and have a little brass plaque attached with your words above engraved?

Would be a nice tribute for what was obviously a top bloke :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a brace to be proud of as I am sure your Brother-in-Law would be to.

They sure do make a nice display and as CDW wrote, in a nice case with a little plaque they would be a most fitting dedication.

Top marks.

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I agree with Colin & Ian, they need to be in a case. These are beautiful and need to be protected, very nice dedication your brother in-law. A big five Simon.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nothing to add,beautiful models and a lovely tribute. Well done to you.

Cheers

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
thank you john - i assume 3rtr is the third tank ? my brother was in the 4th royal tanks -
It is Simon, just a small honour for me old man. Was an armoured farmer for nine years.

Have fun, John