FINISHED!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
After years of tinkering and adding stuff to my 1/16 RC early Tiger I, I have finally finished her off.

She is running steel gearboxes, metal sprockets, idlers and tracks, I was never happy with the too metal look of the tracks so I used the last of my mercury metallic grey to darken, this will chip and wear with use so will add to the look of it.

But the main thing is, I managed to get some 3D printed Feifel filter tops that are the correct round shape fitted on the very early Tigers. So, cut the old box ones down, fitted the tops and then used resin to fill gaps, sanded all back, primed, painted and weathered.

Back on and she is now correct. She is not Tiger 131, mine is 138 but she is of the same type.

Attachments

• IMG_8668.JPG
    IMG_8668.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8679.JPG
    IMG_8679.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8682.JPG
    IMG_8682.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 23

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Si - would the tracks be better painted all over in rust browns so that when you run it the wear highlights the bits that actually get worn?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Si - would the tracks be better painted all over in rust browns so that when you run it the wear highlights the bits that actually get worn?

Hi Si, I was thinking of that, may do a brown oil paint just roughly applied, thing is the worn bits will be more metallic due to scraping etc. Going to get a battery in her and take her out for a spin and see what the tracks look like.