fireball X L 5 scratch build

B

baz

Hello everyone,
I thought that you might like a look at my latest scratch build fireball X L 5 I know it is not painted but that is how my friend wanted the model to be as he will add his own touches to the model. The only none scratch built bits are the kit bits added to the rear end and the seat in the top cockpit. The model is three feet long and my friend would like me to have a go at building a bigger nose section of fireball at some time in the future.
please let me know what you think as this will help me make better things in the future.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF7473.jpg
    DSCF7473.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF7475.jpg
    DSCF7475.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF7495.jpg
    DSCF7495.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF7518.jpg
    DSCF7518.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF7521.jpg
    DSCF7521.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF7570.jpg
    DSCF7570.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF7595.jpg
    DSCF7595.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF7603.jpg
    DSCF7603.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF7631.jpg
    DSCF7631.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF7634.jpg
    DSCF7634.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF7623.jpg
    DSCF7623.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF7640.jpg
    DSCF7640.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 64

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
I am sure Gerry A derson would be pleased to see your build. great work.

Peter

B

baz

Thanks guys for your kind comments, I just wish that I could have worked on one of his shows as they inspired me as they did with many thousands to build paint and enjoy the great universe that Gerry Anderson and his team built.

regards Barrie ( the old guy who saw all his shows as they were broadcast ) thats old folks

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I think we can safely say you definitely got the hang of building these big kits!

B

baz

Me too, been watching it on YouTube recently

Superb model too, Barrie

That would be cool if possible

Regards

Steve H
Hi Steve I shall ask my customer if he will send me some photos when he has added his own finishing touches to the model, like you I would love to see her in all her great colours and with a canopy attached.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Steve I shall ask my customer if he will send me some photos when he has added his own finishing touches to the model, like you I would love to see her in all her great colours and with a canopy attached.
HI Barrie did you get any photo's of fireball XL5
CHRIS

B

baz

Hello every one,
as yet I have not had any images of the painted model sent to me, my customer has not yet been able to get the model finished he is a very busy guy that it why I build models for him, as soon as I have some thing I will post them here.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL does BAZ still come on this forum as I have not seen him for quite a while ?
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Fantastic build looking forward to the finished product
HI Ant you wont see the finished product as this chap is no longer on this site an i built a big 4 ft model of it if you would like to see it then say so as it was all finished in its proper colours an i will see if i can find up the pic of me holding it as it was quite a big an heavy model an fireball junior came off an on by a screw top system an it had all the landing legs in both crafts an a set of steps came down out of the main body an i really enjoyed bulding it an i may be able to find up some pics of my build of it an
FIREBALL XL5 took me about six months to build an i remember watching the program on our old monocrome tv back in the 60's as it was a sunday afternoon on at 4pm an i was an still am hooked on this spacecraft an did you see it on tv for the first time ? or was it before your time ?
chris

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I would like to see the model ! I did watch the tv series and also remember Supercar , which I think pre-dated Fireball XL5 .........

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I would like to see the model ! I did watch the tv series and also remember Supercar , which I think pre-dated Fireball XL5 .........
YES Steve jen is lookin for the pictures now as there are a heck of a lot of pics an if she finds it i will post the picture as i went an gave the model away to a mate son as he was crazy on fireball but now wish i had kept it as it was mounted on a big metal stand an yes i watched supercar an had a big plastic modell of it with mike mercury in it an before that did you watch space patrol with captain larry dart flyin in space a a funny lookin craft called a gallissphere ? an YES jen has found the fireball XL5 PICS an some build pics give a me a an hr or so as i will have to take a pic of them an load them up to this site but jen cant find the one of me holding it but there is a really good shot of fireball on its stand all painted up in its full colours
CHRIS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI AGAIN Steve well jen found up some of the build pics so i will load them on in the si fi build under models under construckion so please look there as this is baz's build an not mine
chris