First 1/12 scale model Tamiya Lola

G

gbetteley

Hello all,

Just started getting into model building about 6 months ago. After several mistakes (ruined models) I decided to try a 1/12 scale with the thinking bigger parts easier to put together. Boy was I wrong there is so many parts and so much detail, it took me about 1 1/2 months, I had to walk away alot and not try to rush it as I did in previous models. I did complete it however I had some difficulties with what glue to use to hold the body together this had multiple pieces for the body. Any suggestions will be helpfull. I am posted some pics and am still in the learning stage so any insight from this forum will be helpfull I do not care if it is negative or possitive feedback like I said I am trying to learn the little tricks that takes so long to figure out.

.View attachment 41518View attachment 41519View attachment 41515View attachment 41516View attachment 41517

View attachment 45130

View attachment 45131

View attachment 45132

View attachment 45133

View attachment 45134

100_1666.jpg

100_1667.jpg

100_1668.jpg

100_1669.jpg

100_1672.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi GB and whats the problem? That is a very nice build. The finish on the paint is brilliant. A very well built and painted car.

Ian M

G

gbetteley

No problem with this one just wondered if anyone had input on a couple of tips for gluing multiple body pieces together. (Type of glue or technique) That was the most problem I had ended up using ca glue. The pieces did not match up as well as I would of liked them to.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ok, it was just me being sleepy. I would of thought that the body parts on the Lola should just click or clip in place so you can remove them to view all that lovely interior detail.

Ian M

G

gbetteley

the front and back of the body clips together however the middle section is glued together.

B

Bunkerbarge

Sometimes with badly fitting parts you might have to clamp them into the correct position with clothes pegs, clamps and clips before touching the joint with liquid poly on a brush. You must be careful that the glue does not seep under the clamps though as it will ruin the surface because it seeps into everything by capilliary action.

G

gbetteley

is liquid poly the same as tamiya extra thin cement? If not is liquid poly the name or is it under a different name?

Z

zooks

That looks stunning to me. I have this kit in my stash. Was it the later photo etch version?

M

mobear

i went for superglue for mine although there are screws which i still need to get from tamiya,they wont send them to me free of charge!oh well!so try super glue

mobear

S

Saj

That is a stunning build. I've been building for a few months aswell now and i'm nowhere near your standard especially on the paint job. Well done and keep it up mate. Saj