First build in 35 years...

Charlie Delta Foxtrot

SMF Supporter
First Name
Russell
Update Saturday! My filler arrived; Tamiya putty, good stuff so have closed gaps on the wings and for the ill fitting engine covers. Sanding this plane has been difficult as you are always at risk of knocking something else off. In hindsight I should have waited to attach tail, bomb doors, weapons turrets etc. I’ve also had a problem with my windows and canopies. I saw a tip to use pva glue but they have simply fallen in or, as I had to resort to other glue I have fogging. I know have ammo mig’s ultra glue and had to use the spare bomb aimers glass and the incorrect side panels for the main canopy BUT, they are at least clear. I also bought some Micro Krystal Klear so will replace the missing windows with it after painting. Live and learn.B412332B-AD62-41BA-95E1-6651062CD850.jpegF6433E5F-0263-484A-B42C-569CF5126942.jpegCBA0FB84-1254-4B54-8B58-F628ABF1891F.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Russell
Fine progress. I think we have all attached parts too soon in the build and then knocked them off a few times. Wing mirrors, aerials, lamps, undercarriages etc. That Micro Krystal Klear is good stuff.
Jim

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks like you are doing a great job here. A BII as well, I don't think I've seen one of these Hercules engine variants built.

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Nice work!

Re: sticking clears, try using Krystal Klear for this, since you have it already. You’ll need to be patient and careful, but it should allow you to glue without damage.

Charlie Delta Foxtrot

SMF Supporter
First Name
Russell
Nice work!

Re: sticking clears, try using Krystal Klear for this, since you have it already. You’ll need to be patient and careful, but it should allow you to glue without damage.
Thanks. I only realised afterwards that Krystal Klear could also be used as adhesive, bought it to fill in my missing windows, so I bought Ammo’s Ultra Glue too...’all the gear...’ I’ve honed it though and in the end; it has worked well. No more fogging! Thanks.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Russell

That's turned out very nice indeed.

Well done.

Andrew

Charlie Delta Foxtrot

SMF Supporter
First Name
Russell
Thanks everyone, you are all very kind. The list of errors I made is long but I learnt so much and thoroughly enjoyed building it.