B

backonthecase

Also I have some "water" drying in the club bucket!:woohoo:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
C'mon Stuart, we all want to see the finished product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

B

backonthecase

wow you were following eh! Well, due to making some progress on the Hellcat, all that's really happened on this one is that I've painted the base colour on the crew and one final tidy up and I'll be getting on with the detail painting. The figures were a crummy fit y'see...

Got an Airshow tomorrow and a Birthday on Sunday so probably not much progress on anything this weekend, but I will follow up with pictures asap, stay tuned.

Stuart

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Stuart, where has this got to?

At this rate you will be receiving your 10 yearly 'Bucket Member' newsletter!!!! LOL

Ron

B

backonthecase

OK ok i will get some pics of the figures. I've been experimenting with oil paints for the flesh and they look sunburnt.... not a good look lol! I'm kinda stumped with where to go with them cos it's doin me 'ead in having the gun finished and no-one to fire it!! Pics....... as below........

Stuart

B

backonthecase

ok so we left der kanone heir: -

And the failed face painting... uniform is base coated, washed and drybrushed (a bit too subtle I know, I may have to redo this), but the main issue is the face. I need to find a good mix for flesh: -

Any help appreciated

Stuart

F

Fenlander

The skin tone does not look that bad. get some lighter and drybrush it to hit the highlights leaving the base colour as the shadow area on the face. I tend to use a bog standard Tamiya flesh which is a bit light and pink but then use a wash to get the shadows which tones it all down a tad. Bit rough and ready but it works OK for 1:48 stuff. It always amazes me when you see the wonderfully painted figures with full facial shading, I could never do it. In fact, having looked at the pics again, I would be tempted to hit them with a wash as they are. The shade in the pictures is not too far out either way.

B

backonthecase

Right, the highlight and dry brush didn't work all that well, so I tried a dark wash and it kinda looks they fell face first into a lovely deep shell crater...

I might settle for that, or I may take another crack at the base colour...

Stuart