First real plane for 40 yrs, a Revell 1/32 Bf 109 G 10

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon

This is only my second plane build in 40 odd yrs, picked up the Revell Bf 109 G 10 kit for a song331206

Built up the cockpit and got out the brush, not perfect but happy for my first real bash at a plane, just painted the moulded on seat belts

Hope it meets approval LOL

thanks bob

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bob certainly does meet with approval you look as though you off to a great start like all the instruments showing an detail I have yet to start a build on here but it will happen soon
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob,
looking good! I've got one of these in the stash - I want to try my airbrush mottling skills out on the fuselage - did you note that there aren't any swastikas on the decal sheet?
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Don’t think Italeri supply them either Dave. I had to source aftermarket ones when I made a 1/48th Stuka a few years ago. It’s something to do with banned images in Europe.....Tamiya get around it by supplying a decal puzzle.....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Office is coming on well by the way Bob....

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Awins and boatman, appreciated!!

Hi Dave, not surprised by the lack of swastikas, bought the actradecal set. Its a good kit to build, going well so far. The mottling does look good!

Evening Tim, you can see the brush painting mistakes lol

Next step i am dreading, joining the two fuselage halves, without ruining the join!

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Bob,
Great start mate:thumb2:
Only ever done two or three planes in my time so watching along with interest. There’s some excellent wingy thingy modellers on the forum, so much so I’ve been inspired to add some to my stash!

Hope the joining together goes ok:smiling4:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hello there Si and thanks

Enjoying the build, different to a Stug lol

Got a few wingy things, mainly nightfighters, HE 219.

Bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Many thanks Mick

Way to go yet!
Bob

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bob,
Nice work on the office. If it's up to your normal stug standards we are in for a treat.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Scottie, hope you are well

Not sure about the Stug lol.

Bob

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi Bob, nice start, I got this one in my stach too, so I'm surely following your project :thumb2:

Cheers, Steven

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I would say that cockpit is looking rather flippin' good. And they have to be some of the best moulded seat belts I've seen.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Steve and Colin

Many thanks for the kind comments

Bob

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob , well done , nice looking office .
We hear on the ground are a little concerned that you have been abducted by the wingies, a dangerous crowd of people who mutter about panel lines and lead in the nose !
John .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s something to do with banned images in Europe.....
The reason is mainly that in Germany, displaying a swastika in anything other than a historical or clearly anti-Nazi context is forbidden by law. Models and their box art are a bit tricky in this respect, but are likely to be seen as not a historical context. This has lead to a kind of gentleman’s agreement among the major European kit manufacturers to not include them on decal sheets at all, and others to supply them as pieces to be assembled by the modeller. This Fw 190 kit review provides a rationale:
[The kit under review] lacks swastikas, but as a result of subsequent correspondence with someone close to Airfix's decal development I now have a clearer understanding why they do not include graphics to produce this NAZI national insignia.

Essentially, as long as Revell and Italeri do not include swastikas in their kits, Airfix will not run any legal or market-exclusion risks by doing so. This is despite the fact that numerous other kit makers do provide for swastikas, including some from EU countries that experienced Nazi occupation. I see little point causing a flare up again by repeating my assertation. So instead I will say that it seems Airfix do have an excuse for not including the partial graphics to make swastikas in the decal sheet; albeit a rather timid one in my view.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bob , well done , nice looking office .
We hear on the ground are a little concerned that you have been abducted by the wingies, a dangerous crowd of people who mutter about panel lines and lead in the nose !
John .
HI John whats this about bein abducted by the wingies an a dangerous crowd of people :rolling: we are rather timid an some times O T T :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: LOL
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR