First Vignette finished :-)

B

bikerbart

Well i have at last finished my first ever vignette. This was a lovely little kit to put together, its an Italeri kit of the Zundapp 750 and sidecar with the 3 figures in 1/35th scale.

A few firsts for me so really very pleased, first attempt at camo for uniform on one figure, first attempt at any type of vignette, first attempt at serious weathering.

The base was just a bare piece of wood, one of 10 i got for £1...yes £1 at a show earlier in the year, primmed it and sprayed gloss black, i then glued in place individual coblestones from a company called Plusmodels, these were painted in black wash then dry bushed in white oils. I had the brass name plate done and called the vignette "next left"

Hope you like it, comments welcomed, regards Martin :smiling:

View attachment 18895View attachment 18896View attachment 18897

View attachment 26420

View attachment 26421

View attachment 26422

034.jpg

037.jpg

033.jpg

M

msm2

Excellent work Martin. Superb workmanship,hope I can get as good as you.

5 Stars.

Tony..

F

Fenlander

That is really nice Martin. I love the arty loose cobbles, I am one of those who would spoil it by having every cobble in line. Great paint job on the kit and the base, a really attractive piece. Has to be a 5 Star :no1b:

B

bikerbart

Thanks guys, really appreciate your comments. I just decided to take the plunge with this one. I got so fed up with holding myself back, i just thought "what have i got to lose".

Once i had relaxed and put some faith in my self it staeted to come good. The effects i was getting with washes and dry brushing etc just all came together, i have finaly realised i HAVE to try these things and go for it!!!!

The lads at the model club i belong to were gob smacked when they saw it, they really liked it which made my day. With them and the help on here, i feel my work is slowly getting better and i really have the urge to improve and learn again.

Thanks again guys, all the best Martin :smiling:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice job Martin!

Ian M

B

bikerbart

Cheers Ian and Richy. I know you done that cracking sniper vignette Richy, i can see these becoming addictive :smiling:

B

backonthecase

Superb Martin, that motorcycle looks amazing and you're wee-weeing all over my paltry figure painting lol!!

Stuart

B

bikerbart

Cheers Stuart, really appreciate your kind comments. Loved doing the weathering on the bike, was really getting into t with this one. Have to say my figure painting is something i really have enjoyed, only just started doing them but with help from some great posts on here and the fact i popped in to games workshop a few weeks ago for some tips on face painting has really helped. Regards Martin.

B

backonthecase

Hmmm that's an interesting point Martin, I have a games workshop place near me. I might pop in on my 2 days of tomorrow an tuesday!

Cheers

Stuart

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Martin

That's a great vignette, well done. I especially like the engine detail on the bike and the attention to things like gun slings etc.

I can tell your pleased with it (justifiably so), but it also sounds like you really enjoyed the build and process, like you say, trying new techniques is really fun.

Great job Martin, I'm really pleased for you and it gets 5 stars from me too.

Cheers mate

Paul

T

treyzx10r

excellent work Martin. I know how hard that scale is to work with and you pulled it off nicely!!!

B

bikerbart

Cheers guys...was a refreshing build. I gotta keep the standard now lol. :smiling:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Missed this somehow. I'm with everyone else,it's a proper cracker. Well done.

Steve

B

bikerbart

Cheers Dave and Steve, much appreciate your comments, regards Martin :smiling: