Fist of War

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Clearly not in the same league as most of the work posted in here, but this was a quick fun piece to try out a few new things.

Based on a couple of Model Collect Fist of War 1/72 kits, with the "tank" being pretty sizeable for the scale.

q9QDRwE.jpg

Iu1g1v1.jpg

BIV5yKo.jpg

rl38ilr.jpg

v8xYekx.jpg

OwIMBQ3.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thats fantastic work Andy. Very impressive. Like the contrast in colour on the legs. Great to see large v small. Lots of action on the dio as well. You are really excelling yourself on each of your builds.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very nice Andy,

I really like the weathering and paintwork on the models and the undulating base complete with water is superb :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Something different. Well thought out and nicely done.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Andy now that's something different I like all the contrast colours exscuse me but is this a future tank ? but nicely done
chris

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate your comments, especially given how quickly I put it together.

The little mechs were still on the sprue this morning. I'd planned to add some bushes & trees but they didn't look right, so knocked those together instead. They look quite green in the pictures but are actually German grey, highlighted with a few different shades in practice for the Stug GB.

Chris, just a flight of fancy or "what if" kind of thing, part of a series by Model Collect called Fist of War.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nicely done Andy , the water can't be your first try at resin but if it is it's well done as the ripples are to scale. That one off color leg really shows some good weathering and so is the build up of dirt on the leg base. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Like the animation ( legs & water). The finishes are up to your excellent stds. Compo's cool too. PaulE

D

Deleted member 7181

Thank you all for the kind words.

Richard - it's my second try with resin, although it was a bit of a rush job and only poured about 8 hours before these pictures. A hairdryer helped firm it up and some gloss structure gel was used for the ripples.

I ended up finishing this off much more quickly than I'd intended as I decided it was time to clear the bench and get on with reorganising my shed that I've been talking about for ages. After coming in to my brush cleaning pot frozen solid I thought I'd better at least make room for some frost proof storage for my paints and other water-based products!