Fitting ladders to a ship

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
The ladders for KGV have tiny nubs for the mounting legs, can anybody advise as to bending these tiny nubs at a right angle to the ladder?? Afraid of snapping the buggers.
20220419_105111.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Fiddly little b*****s aren't they. They should bend ok. Just make sure the bend is right first go 'cause they don't like straightening and having another go.
Jim

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob
Fiddly little b*****s aren't they. They should bend ok. Just make sure the bend is right first go 'cause they don't like straightening and having another go.
Jim
What would you suggest using Jim? My brain is hurting lol

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I would hold the big bit of the ladder in smooth jawed pliers and bend the little bits up to the pliers to get the ninety degrees. Etch fold line (if they have them) should be on the inside of the fold.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Will try both ideas, thanks both, may need better peepers lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
My god what must they be like on 1/700, I would have to run to the hills :upside:

Last edited:

Squege

SMF Supporter
First Name
Louis
My god what must they be like on 1/700, I would have to run to the hills :upside:
have you tried bending down the step's yet? i found a way of using a sewing needle with part of the eye cut of ( a trick some one told me about for precision c.a. application) i use the eye end over the rung and sort of twist it, but like the small tag's on the ladder it will not rework it just breaks.IMG_20220506_102030393.jpg