FLAGPOLE FOR MILITARY RC 'VILLAGE' OR TABLE.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I got a wooden conductor's baton-just did, cos you never know when stuff might come in useful :thumb2::smiling2:

Anyway, I was looking at it and thought about making a flagpole for use as a table item or for our 1/16/1/18 RC military vehicles 'village'.

So, routing through the bits/spares boxes for something that may be useful:

Baton, cut bottom and top and sanded to take the paint.
The base is off another model that got broke.
Bollards are from an old bed, drilled out and brass islets glued in, I used my jewelers hammer to shape them to the curve.
Some old chain necklace.
A small tripod mount was used for the top.
Brass finial, no idea where that came from.
Some other metal bits and I made the handle from metal rod and old lighter parts.
String.
Sand for the base.
The flag is just paper (I know that the flag markings are the wrong way around, I used a site that did your countries flag as a watermark for the background of your picture you inserted-didn't realise until I stuck the chuffing thing.
All painted and weathered and sealed.

Looks really good.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1192.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 11

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I got a wooden conductor's baton-just did, cos you never know when stuff might come in useful :thumb2::smiling2:

Anyway, I was looking at it and thought about making a flagpole for use as a table item or for our 1/16/1/18 RC military vehicles 'village'.

So, routing through the bits/spares boxes for something that may be useful:

Baton, cut bottom and top and sanded to take the paint.
The base is off another model that got broke.
Bollards are from an old bed, drilled out and brass islets glued in, I used my jewelers hammer to shape them to the curve.
Some old chain necklace.
A small tripod mount was used for the top.
Brass finial, no idea where that came from.
Some other metal bits and I made the handle from metal rod and old lighter parts.
String.
Sand for the base.
The flag is just paper (I know that the flag markings are the wrong way around, I used a site that did your countries flag as a watermark for the background of your picture you inserted-didn't realise until I stuck the chuffing thing.
All painted and weathered and sealed.

Looks really good.
HI Si well i had a good study of your flag pole from a conducktors baton an your creative juices are really flowing looks very good very well done ps Si how big is it ?
chris

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
HI Si well i had a good study of your flag pole from a conducktors baton an your creative juices are really flowing looks very good very well done ps Si how big is it ?
chris

Hi Chris, cheers mate, glad you like it. Stands around 10 inch high approx, so fits in well with the buildings etc.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks like it will do the job. Nice one….and don’t worry about the flag, no one will notice except you!

Ta Tim, yeah agree, 90% of folk won't actually notice the flag LOL, thing is, as a modeller-you know and it bugs me-cannot be bothered to change it though. Glad you like it.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI AGIN Si whats the R/C stand for ? radio conrtroll ?
chris

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
HI AGIN Si whats the R/C stand for ? radio conrtroll ?
chris

Hi Chris, yes, radio controlled. Our model boat club has a military vehicle section, I and others, make props and scenery to be dotted about our home and away events-makes it look interesting. As I struggle now with illness, small scale is out so I do larger stuff-mainly to keep busy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, yes, radio controlled. Our model boat club has a military vehicle section, I and others, make props and scenery to be dotted about our home and away events-makes it look interesting. As I struggle now with illness, small scale is out so I do larger stuff-mainly to keep busy.
HI Si very sorry to hear you are strugglein now with illness,
chris

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
HI Si very sorry to hear you are strugglein now with illness,
chris

I have been struggling with it for years, past few years it has gotten worse though. Still, we do what we can and I try and have some fun.