Flavourite Model

S

Seaspray

Stingray I have the blue prints for this model someday I'll make a start

S

Seaspray

Stringray super sub in the Gerry Anderson tv series of the 60s (cough) Any "Fanderson" members out there... come back...

S

Seaspray

Thats her !!! just missed the chance of getting a 2 foot model a few years ago it IS a design before its time also have Supercar.XLV,UFO Mobile, on blue print as well. Any modellers or models outhere with similar likes.of course TB2 is overhaul the best designed vehicle

NICE ONE SONIC

M

mjt60a

I saw one of those at the Model Engineer Exhibition a few years ago, looked very nice. They also had Seaview from voyage to the bottom of the sea, Nautilus from 20000 leagues, a GIGANTIC Seaquest DSV (unfinished at the time) from the show of the same name ....., and various WW2 and nuclear subs - Stingray appealed to me most though, no doubt due to seeing the show at an impressionable age. Someone needs to build the Titan Terrorfish...

....of course TB2 is overhaul the best designed vehicle....
I'd have to agree but can anyone make it fly???

S

Seaspray

Most of these Si Fi models are available in various mags I buy model mart from time to time

N

new to trains

there was a bloke in manchester selling fibreglass mouldings of Stingray on ebay recently, they were 38 inches long and had a resin detail pack with them, designed to be built up as a large scale static model, but at 36 inches were ripe for RC conversion, bidding got up to about £360 for the mouldings, out of my league at that time !

A

AerynPk

i love stingray its the best programme by gerry anderson my father has the fireball XL5 in vacform which he is going to make after he has finished doing his tiger tank which is radio controlled.

S

Seaspray

This is a very old thread but nice to see a post in it I don't know if I mentioned it or not but there is a fan club for Gerry Anderson fans called Fanderson .Text in fanderson on your search engine and it'll come up .Recent fanderson conventions are now on site. Lots of goodies on ebay.

S

Seaspray

Practise on pieces of plastic to get the way your modelling knife behaves and how to overcut leaving enough to sand down on a flat sanding board. I've not fully sussed it yet but it is a good modelling product flexible strong can be shaped using the oven and hoover and takes a good paint finish too.

B

bodobodot1

I found a lot of Home-made Thunderbirds models in my loft last week, they were made of metal and were quite detailed.

S

Seaspray

Just clean out my collection of Gery Anderson membrolia got 4 big boxes plus other things in the loft mostly circa 2000 any body want to make me an offer l.o.l

getting ready to scratch build model boats and needed the room

A

AerynPk

you havent actually chucked the gerry anderson stuff have you if you havent what are they

S

Seaspray

no I've just stuck it out in the garden shed for the moment as I will not be collecting anymore G.A. stuff doing boats now might sell it on ebay but not at the moment prices are poor

signed books ,envelopes, 6 doll type figures 8 inch tall, 2 pupets Virgill,Hood b/w photos itc entertainment a few tb1,2,3,4,5, and the playsets cloadbase puppet of Lady Pen from the 60s 2 full issues if SIG Magazines various other carded figures including hard to get Phones 1980s blue prints of XL5, strigray, ufo tracked vehicle, 7 signatures dedicated on this not a great collection really But I've meet G.A. and a lot of the stars involved in his t.v show especially Ed Bishop. (Great person) will treasure his signature missed Shane Rimmer's signature dam..dam..

Vac experience just go for it and ask questions when stuck on this forum lots of experienced modellers here and pics of it as it comes from the box.

Remember.... "Anything can happen in the next half hour."

Last edited: