FLERS-COURCELETTE SEPT. 1916. A 1/72 mini Diorama....

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Ron, I'm disappointed in you! Do you honestly believe we think you're THAT careless?

Tut tut!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm having a bit of a model storm at the minute until she has other plans!

Here finally, is my completed 1/72 WW1 diorama.

I have tried to capture how I think the battlefield would look a couple of days after the first line trench was taken. The trench has been well hammered, ammo boxes, bits of shoring liitter the place. What sand bags there were have been blown to bits....

The ground is still muddy but the mud on the stranded tank has dried.

This, the very first tank attack was a complete fiasco due to the poor conditions, half broke down, others stuck in the mud and only a very few actually reached the trenches! The element of surprise was gone and the Germans soon learned how vunerable these Mk 1 male machines were and just let them go past at 2mls/hr. then either climbed on top and threw a grenade inside or dropped one through the gun ports.

This gave rise to the 'female' version, which was armed with machine guns and were much harder to approach.

I hope you like my effort and all comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 25822

View attachment 25823

View attachment 25824

View attachment 25825

View attachment 25826

View attachment 25827

View attachment 25828

View attachment 25829

View attachment 25830

View attachment 25831

View attachment 25832

View attachment 25833

View attachment 25834

WW1 TANK 037.jpg

WW1 TANK 034.jpg

WW1 TANK 011.jpg

WW1 TANK 038.jpg

WW1 TANK 019.jpg

WW1 TANK 018.jpg

WW1 TANK 016.jpg

WW1 TANK 035.jpg

WW1 TANK 025.jpg

WW1 TANK 032.jpg

WW1 TANK 026.jpg

WW1 TANK 017.jpg

WW1 TANK 030.jpg

F

Fenlander

That, once again Ron, is five star class. Very nicely animated, superb composition and a very realistic view as to how it must have been. Top this off with cracking photography and you end up with perfection. Oh, nice model building to lol. Very nice Ron, really very nice.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
As Graham said "five star class", love the low angle of the photos Ron. Top work.

Have fun, John

G

Greg147

Very nice. I like the little details, for example the left side door hanging open over the flooded shell crater. That's possibly the worst place I could imagine having to bail out of a tank, seeing as there's no guarantee you could even climb out (and thats assuming you didn't drown). It really emphasises the vulnerability of the vehicles.

I was going to suggest some fallen soldiers in and around the trenches, but looking at it now, I think the tank's isolation creates a nice sense of abandonment. The war has moved on, but the lumbing beast remains, fallen and forgotten. Nice work.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wa Ho! Five stars...

Thanks guys, that's great and makes me well chuffed that you both think it worthy of the big 5.

Greg, thanks to you too for your appraisal. I did think about including some cadavers but as I have made the model based on Zero Hour + 48, I decided the poor unfortunates would have been layed to rest by then. Apart from that I didn't fancy painting half a dozen or so figures made of that horrible soft plastic!!

Thanks again for all your comments boys.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yet another cracker Ron.

Keep on like this and I'm gonna have to get the thesaurus out to find new alternatives for good, cracking, excellent, wonderful etc. etc.

It's either that or I'll have to start repeating myself - and nobody wants that! It's bad enough listening to my ramblings first time round!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the nice comments Dave.

Tell you what, you must have one big back garden to be able to keep a Thesaurus as a pet!

Where can I get one? Should I try the RSPCA first or are they on ebay?

Ron

N

noble

Ron mate i've just caught up on this again and i am also giving you the big 5 as usual the dio is top quality and a lovely hint of realism especially with the photography, well done mate nice one.

scott