For Simon

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi everyone

I have started a little early on this but it won't be 50% finished till the GB starts.
Having only conversed with Simon through this and previous web sites I could not think of anything more appropriate than this. I hope to be able to make this into something special and significant to the memory of one of the forum's lasting characters.

Here is my Sprue shot.

sprue.jpg

as you may have guessed I will be working on a figure using the above. The 3D pen I find useful to construct the armature over some tin foil.

Armature.jpg

You may well have guessed what this bust will be. If not here is my work so far.

Head.jpg

This is going to be quite a large bust. Not sure what scale to call it but the head is about 3 1/2 inches in ear span.

I hope you like it Simon

John

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Gentlemen you are all most kind and your comments are much appreciated.

I am continuing with the slow build of this bust. I decided that even if Yoda is Simon's avatar he still needs a closer link with the maestro of scratch. So thinking about what Yoda could be contemplating I came up with this.

tank.jpg

Now we all know that Simon would be shocked at the inaccuracies, even at 1/250 th scale ! I must say the individual link tracks were a bit of a challenge. But, as usual, paint and some mud will solve the issues. I couldn't get any pewter on to the build but lead sheet is substituting. When painted up with RBO, ( just for Mr Race) it should do the job.

John

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OK the rough sculpt is just about done. Clean up and smoothing still to be done. Then I will start the paint job after the official GB starts.

rough sculpt.jpg

My thanks to everyone who has stopped by and looking forward to the paint stage and to all the other builds that you guys will be undertaking.

John