"For the Emperor - BANZAI!" Okinawa, May 1945

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
1/35 Masterbox figures. I cut a couple of them up and modified them to get the required poses. Brush painted with Vallejo acrylics.

The burnt out concrete m.g. bunker is made from scrap polystyrene and the tin sheeting from kitchen foil.....with bits added.

A final, desperate 'Suicide Charge' by a group of Japanese soldiers......Banzai!

P1260799.JPG

P1260801.JPG

P1260800.JPG

P1260803.JPG

P1260804.JPG

P1260805.JPG

P1260806.JPG

P1260807.JPG

P1260808.JPG

P1260811.JPG

Cheers all and thanks for looking.

General Douglas MacArthur

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Very nicely done, but where's the blood? I know we don't need to see all the gory bits, but there should be at least some spots on the uniforms to show where they've been hit. Doesn't look right somehow and that's really unusual for your dios which always look so real.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dave.
The Officer has been hit fair and square in his knee cap. That is enough to see him fall.

The soldier to his right has been hit twice in his right lower rib cage and once in his upper right arm.

The soldier on the far right has been hit in his upper chest just to the side of his lapel.

Keep in mind, sometimes when a bullet impacts flesh through a uniform, the blood doesn't splatter and come out of the wound in huge gushes immediately.

I've tried to depict a split second in time as the bullets strike.

I'm sorry it doesn't look right. I tried my best.......

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The Officer has been hit fair and square in his knee cap. That is enough to see him fall.

The soldier to his right has been hit twice in his right lower rib cage and once in his upper right arm.

The soldier on the far right has been hit in his upper chest just to the side of his lapel.

Keep in mind, sometimes when a bullet impacts flesh through a uniform, the blood doesn't splatter and come out of the wound in huge gushes immediately.

I've tried to depict a split second in time as the bullets strike.

I'm sorry it doesn't look right. I tried my best.......

I owe you an apology Ron. I've had another, closer look and now I've seen the wounds I understand the poses better. I wasn't looking for huge showers of blood a la Sam Peckinpah, it's just they were so subtle I missed them. Ooops - my bad! Sorry.