Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update Mick. Nice to see you making a silk purse out of this sows ear

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Slight hold up after some idiot dropped a blob of glue on the engine cover glass, just got to polish it out

D

Deleted member 6559

This one's putting you through it Mick, but you're getting along splendidly. 1/1 bathroom remodelling doesn't sound like my idea of fun either.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
1FD0D941-A316-42AF-BAF9-E4B33FD86A86.jpeg
The bathroom is not giving in either, here’s me in casualty yesterday after being attacked by a large chunk of wall tile, all repaired and ready for battle again

D

Deleted member 6559

Ow! That's what usually happens to me when I attempt any DIY. Hope it wasn't too painful Mick.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Ow! That's what usually happens to me when I attempt any DIY. Hope it wasn't too painful Mick.
Felt like I’d been punched in the face and loads of claret spilled but a nice deep clean cut. No pain at all today

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
That will teach you not to venture into DIY. Hope you mend soon. Stick to moggelin' - much safer unless you are Simon T who regularly adds blood to his builds.
The car - those instructions are a real test. I was going to say how nice and clear the glass was and then you mentioned the glue spot :sad:. Good call on the wheels, they will look much better. Despite everything I reckon you will end up with a really nice model.
Jim

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks Jim but I have to admit when I change my knife blade I usually christen it with a few drops of blood :smiling2: The fine sandpaper has arrived so I can start polishing and I've made a gear stick too, just a windscreen wiper to fabricate and this oob build is ready for some paint :smiling:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I think I may have an original 1969 boxing of this in the stash - certainly have quite a few of the range. There used to be loads of them

Whoever redrew the instructions certainly wasn't paying much attention were they - obviously forgot to go back and change those 53's. Also note the 1 and 2 in circles are not centred :rolling:

Must have been a Friday afternoon job :smiling:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ouch!! Glad to see you have survived okay Mick, Good luck with all the scratchery on the build

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Evening gents and thanks for your comments. I do agree Simon about the lack of attention paid to getting the instructions right, they're hardly the longest or most complicated they do. Anyway, while the gaffer was getting herself ready to go out earlier I started to chrome the wheel locking nuts, they do look much better in real life, I've also made a start on polishing out my glue spot.
car.jpg