Ford GPA

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with Allen on this, you have put too much work in on this to just "toss" it. Give it a rest and have another look in a couple of days.
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I agree with Allen and Rick. The outside decals can be weathered and disguised as well worn. The decals on the dash can be seen to be worn as well. Have a fresh look again at the weekend

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wow Paul,

I can see your point, but the finish doesn't look bad at all. The white stripe looks nicely worn and the rest of it too. I would let it dry till the weekend and give her a new go. Shame about the decals though...Please don't bin it....or set it on fire!!!

Bleib Gesund
Allen
Hi Allen, I think your being kind mate, but hopefully with a bit more work I can turn it around.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm with Allen on this, you have put too much work in on this to just "toss" it. Give it a rest and have another look in a couple of days.
Rick H.
Thanks Rick, I'm at work now for a few days, so i will have a fresh look then.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I agree with Allen and Rick. The outside decals can be weathered and disguised as well worn. The decals on the dash can be seen to be worn as well. Have a fresh look again at the weekend
Steve, thanks mate i will give it all a few days to dry out totally while I'm at work then will have another look.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks fine to me too Paul, I'm sure you will sort it.

D

Deleted member 6559

I agree with the others Scottie - looks fine to me and any dodginess with the decals can easily be weathered over. Please don't bin it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Crying shame after all the work. As the others have said it looks ok in the photos.
In the end it's your model to do with as you like but put it to one side somewhere safe. One day in the future you might think of an idea to do something with it.
Stay safe.
Jim

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I'm sorry, Paul, I can't see what's wrong with it.
It just looks a bit war-weary to me and isn't that the point?
If you've fallen out of love with it then it's yours to bin if that's what you choose, but I would be quite chuffed if I could get a result like that!:cool:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
These would have been hammered around the proving ground and subject to all sorts of abuse, so yours looks just fine to me.
Pete

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Crying shame after all the work. As the others have said it looks ok in the photos.
In the end it's your model to do with as you like but put it to one side somewhere safe. One day in the future you might think of an idea to do something with it.
Stay safe.
Jim
I'm sorry, Paul, I can't see what's wrong with it.
It just looks a bit war-weary to me and isn't that the point?
If you've fallen out of love with it then it's yours to bin if that's what you choose, but I would be quite chuffed if I could get a result like that!:cool:
These would have been hammered around the proving ground and subject to all sorts of abuse, so yours looks just fine to me.
Pete

Thanks guys perhaps I am being over critical we are our own worst enemies. My main reason is the decals still look bad. But that said although it will never be a prize winner I will put it to one side it may have its uses later.

many thanks for the encouragement it is greatly appreciated.
Scottie

D

Deleted member 7181

Such a shame Paul as it looks great to me, but if the love for it has gone I can understand you shelving it for a while.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Would be a shame to bin it, so am glad to here you are setting it aside. I have no doubt that your fertile mind will come up with a use for it sooner or later. Cheers, Rick H.:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Paul "stop" I'm the forum bin man not you, as everyone has suggested put it in the box for later, you might be able to incorporate it into a diorama with another vehicle i.e. abandoned by the side of the road.
Pete.