Ford GPA

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
As everyone has said, it looks fine to me, a used vehicle, don't bin it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Would be a shame to bin it, so am glad to here you are setting it aside. I have no doubt that your fertile mind will come up with a use for it sooner or later. Cheers, Rick H.:thumb2:
Hi Paul "stop" I'm the forum bin man not you, as everyone has suggested put it in the box for later, you might be able to incorporate it into a diorama with another vehicle i.e. abandoned by the side of the road.
Pete.

Thanks gents I will put it to the side and hopefully use it at a later date.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well i can`t see anything wrong with it either Scottie:thinking:,
It`s "well worn" as the guys have said,as for the dash,well i expect you can`t see anything wrong at all when up close and personal....... ......... pics can be a harsh taskmaster !!
Keep at it mate..... I reckon you`re onto a winner `ere!!:thumb2:
Cheers,
Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I honestly cant see anything wrong with the decals or the white stripe paul , they dont want to be full and entire when the rest of the vehicle is chipped and weathered , in fact i make a point of weathering decals after applying so they match the rest of the aircraft , sometimes including picking bits off so yours is perfectly natural looking to me . Please dont bin it it looks fantastic and i for one would love to see a set of completed pics , cheers tony

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted it too mate. I'm with the guys about how good the look is. However its your build and it's onwards and upwards with another Scottie classic. Take care my friend

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Bin...did I hear the word Bin? No...don't turn to the dark side Scottie...mothball it for a dio or repair when you've cooled down. Looks alright to me...the markings in 1:1 were stenciled on manually and some bled or smudged and after all the wear and tear will look like what you've done. Your kit so do as you please 'cos I'll keep it.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well i can`t see anything wrong with it either Scottie:thinking:,
It`s "well worn" as the guys have said,as for the dash,well i expect you can`t see anything wrong at all when up close and personal....... ......... pics can be a harsh taskmaster !!
Keep at it mate..... I reckon you`re onto a winner `ere!!:thumb2:
Cheers,
Andy
I honestly cant see anything wrong with the decals or the white stripe paul , they dont want to be full and entire when the rest of the vehicle is chipped and weathered , in fact i make a point of weathering decals after applying so they match the rest of the aircraft , sometimes including picking bits off so yours is perfectly natural looking to me . Please dont bin it it looks fantastic and i for one would love to see a set of completed pics , cheers tony
Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted it too mate. I'm with the guys about how good the look is. However its your build and it's onwards and upwards with another Scottie classic. Take care my friend
Bin...did I hear the word Bin? No...don't turn to the dark side Scottie...mothball it for a dio or repair when you've cooled down. Looks alright to me...the markings in 1:1 were stenciled on manually and some bled or smudged and after all the wear and tear will look like what you've done. Your kit so do as you please 'cos I'll keep it.

Cheers,
Richard
Andy, Tony, Steve, Richard.
Thanks guys I have taken all your kind words on board and decided that although I'm not happy with it as a stand alone build I will keep it to use in another scene one day.

Thanks to all who followed and commented and kept me from throwing my toys out of the pram.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW the weathering is really realistic....sorry i missed it...

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul
Sorry for the late response to this. I can only agree with what everyone is saying. It‘s a great result and one to be proud of. I think in time you’ll feel differently about it. The work you’ve put into it is outstanding and the decal issue is a real shame. It may even be worth buying another kit, just for the decals, If it would solve the problem? I say ‘problem‘ but I think this only exists for you as I see this outcome as everyone else has - a real quality model.
Cheers
P

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
WOW the weathering is really realistic....sorry i missed it...
Greg no worries mate thank you.
Hi Paul
Sorry for the late response to this. I can only agree with what everyone is saying. It‘s a great result and one to be proud of. I think in time you’ll feel differently about it. The work you’ve put into it is outstanding and the decal issue is a real shame. It may even be worth buying another kit, just for the decals, If it would solve the problem? I say ‘problem‘ but I think this only exists for you as I see this outcome as everyone else has - a real quality model.
Cheers
P
Hi Paul,
That is really kind of you to say thank you.