Forest Dump.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Guy,
That is an exceptional build the finish is outstanding. It looks very natural and not overdone in any way....superb.
Scottie

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow another fantastic paint / weathering ... just saw armoguys forum post... you guys are doing a truly realistic job on the weathering...kudos to you both..

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great weathering real like it ,well done,:thumb2:

F

Fenlander

I tried a very similar scene a couple of years ago....... lest said the better as it wasn’t a patch on this. Very nicely done Guy (y)

A

Armorguy

Thank you friends. The technique isn't that diffilcult, a bit of feeling is necessary but the method is childplay. When I do another rust project I'll write a howto.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The rust through fenders kept capturing my eye. All in all, just so well done. Bravo. PaulE

A

Armorguy

Thank you !

I simply sanded the fenders as thin as possible. I then drilled holes in them and played around with a scalpel to make them look different.
5.JPG
The doors were done the same way, I also created damage simply by scraping off more plastic.
15.JPG
The tires were cut off and they were then given a flat look with Magic Sculp.
24.JPG
The canvas seats were given a worn look. I pressed very thin pieces of Magic Sculp in a linnen handkerchief to create a canvas texture.
9.JPG

Best regards ! AG.

D

Deleted member 6559

Awesome Guy. The 'bit of feeling' thing is the key - you are able to take in what you see in the real world and reproduce it in miniature - a rare skill.

P

Polux

Excellent paintwork. The rusting and weathering effects are magnificent.
I love it!

B

Brad9826

Outstanding work and a couple of nice tips:thumb2:
Will look forward to your way of weathering technique :smiling::smiling: