Forum news

Laurie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Laurie
Another forum i frequent doesn't store the pictures. You have to sign up to a host site like photobucket et al to show pics. It's one way of saving costs i suppose
Quite right Alan. All my pictures are on Image Shack. No restrictions on size numbers etc. About £20 a year.
Just upload photos in what ever batch numbers. Upload to a forum in any batch numbers not one at a time.
Laurie

First Name
Michael
I have a blanket policy of never paying to use a forum or donating to one. I have had bad experiences in the past so my interest in forums like this is only casual at the moment.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but just being honest. If you need to sell it or add more ads to make it worthwhile then do what you need to. I wouldn't want to run something like this at a loss to myself either.

Nap

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kevin
Just a question if I may ...is this an annual or monthly orca one off payment ?

Nap

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just a question if I may ...is this an annual or monthly orca one off payment ?
Kevin,

This is an annual payment - when you pay through PayPal, it automatically sets it from the day of the first payment.

HTH,

Paul.
:smiling2:

Wouter

SMF Supporter
First Name
Wouter
I'll pay the 10 quid if it stays in your hands John, like some here already traumatised (well maybe that's a bit a too strong word :smiling:) by losing my first ever forum. Checked out the groupbuilder.com website. The fact that their home website isn't a secure one isn't really convincing to me :tongue-out3:

Nap

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kevin
Kevin,

This is an annual payment - when you pay through PayPal, it automatically sets it from the day of the first payment.

HTH,

Paul.
:smiling2:

Thanks Paul .....will willingly pay to support ...looking at the comments ref group builder theres seems to be concerns about them wether its security or other things

Nap

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This is the company groupbuilder.com if you look at some of the forums they have bought you would have to question why, but it must work for them. they already have one with the initials SMF, but it's soap making forums, how random is that :smiling3:
A forum for making soap - there's a whole world out there I never knew existed. Oh no, my mind is racing, what else is there ? :smiling4:

John

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now I see you want to sell the website....You should be honest with the old timers here and simply say that you are selling their personnal info and e-mails to a data-broker. You should also state a goal for fundraising so not to take the old timers money and then sell the site out of the blue.
You obviously haven’t read the thread correctly, the forum isn’t being sold, and there is no way I would sell or even give away anyone’s data.

The forum permission will change soon, even if you aren’t logged in you will be able to see some content, you will see a bit more if you register and have unlimited access if you subscribe.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's a shame James, esp when this one is so friendly. From what I've seen most seem to be full of rivet counter
I must agree with John. I have learned so much from this very friendly forum that £10 from my modelling fund is money well spent.
Jim

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I must agree with John. I have learned so much from this very friendly forum that £10 from my modelling fund is money well spent.
Jim
Jim
Jim as Christine said when I told her that's about the cost of 2 or 3 coffees, and at 19.23 p per week for what we get it's fantastic , good friends , the help, and banter, with of course Steve attempting to get me to do camo !
John.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jim as Christine said when I told her that's about the cost of 2 or 3 coffees, and at 19.23 p per week for what we get it's fantastic , good friends , the help, and banter, with of course Steve attempting to get me to do camo !
Ha John, your a glutton for punishment!!!!

Paul.
:smiling2::smiling2:

Tim Marlow

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I think a tenner is worth it for what I had already got from this forum, let alone what I might get in the future....I think of it as my local modelling club. I’ve never been a member of a club that was free, even when I was at school, so really why should this be different?

Bobthestug

Stuck in a Stug universe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
John

Impressed with your maths or is your calculatorn got new 12v batteries :thumb2:

I have looked at few others and some of the bitchy comments, wrong shape rivit, kits 0.3 mm too short, balls not for me. Better class of insult here, no names find??

First Name
Si
I think a tenner is worth it for what I had already got from this forum, let alone what I might get in the future....I think of it as my local modelling club. I’ve never been a member of a club that was free, even when I was at school, so really why should this be different?
Well put Tim:thumb2:
I also see it as a club....with my lifestyle I wouldn’t have the time to attend a real life club so a forum suits me perfectly.
I really enjoy seeing the mix of modelling and range of skills, advice and help on offer....all at the touch of a button.

The overwhelming majority of posters on this forum are kind, respectful and helpful to one another. So for £10 a year I think I’m getting my money’s worth:smiling4: