Fossils.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Steven what are you also into fossils as well ?
chris

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I used to go collecting fossils down our local quarry when i was a kid. There were loads and loads of Trilobite and bullet shaped one (forgot their name). I left them at home when i joined the RAF and they've all been chucked out now. No chance of getting them anymore as the local council turned the quarry into a landfill site.

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I used to go collecting fossils down our local quarry when i was a kid. There were loads and loads of Trilobite and bullet shaped one (forgot their name). I left them at home when i joined the RAF and they've all been chucked out now. No chance of getting them anymore as the local council turned the quarry into a landfill site.
Imagine all that lost opportunity under a landfill. Here is a link to the site I obtained this from years ago: https://www.fossilera.com/

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I have been farting around with the idea of getting a replica. But the HOA would more than likely not approve. I don't blame them. I really don't want my home turned into the oddity of the community.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Imagine all that lost opportunity under a landfill

It was an amazing site. People used to come from all over to find things. But the local council cannot see past their noses and back pockets. As you say. A lost opportunity and possible income.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I have been farting around with the idea of getting a replica. But the HOA would more than likely not approve. I don't blame them. I really don't want my home turned into the oddity of the community.
Yes i see your point Steven but you can collect small stuff cant you ? but what is that thing you have there a bettle of some sort ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It was an amazing site. People used to come from all over to find things. But the local council cannot see past their noses and back pockets. As you say. A lost opportunity and possible income.
YEA Al that typical of these councils at my big boating lakes they have put double yellow lines around so we cant park up to sail our ships
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
what have you been up all night Steven ? as you said its nr 3am where you are as here it nr 10 past 12 pm

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
If you're patient, you can obtain one for under $6000. I woke up at about 12:30 AM, plugged the coffee pot in and I'm on my fourth cup of the black gold.
SO Steven you running on caffine now are you lol an 6 grand for a dino wow

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The bullet-shaped fossils are Belemnites Alan

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Steve, I'll see your Trilobite and raise you an Ammonite.....bet is to you :thumb2: Rick H.P1011840.JPGP1011841.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
As to the dinosaur in the back yard. This shot was taken a couple of years ago from the shoulder of Northbound Highway 280 in the SF Bay area in the town of Hillsboro, Calif. We called it the "Flintstone" house when I was living in Burlingame just on the other side of the hill this house is on. If you look closely you will see Dino in the back yard.......by the way, This house is worth Millions. Best get started on that backyard project if you want to improve your property value. ;) Rick H.P1010971.JPG