Found Figure

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
What scale is that Ian ?

I only ask as when I was a kid my older brother used to paint large figures and they looked like they were made by airfix but they wasn't a kit it was like the toy ones made of the same plastic but bigger than 1/32 by a big way

I'd say size comparison to 1/32 they were possibly 1/12 scale as they were much bigger , one that sticks out in my mind was I think a Crimean soldier or that same time period

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looks interesting and will look great when painted i was born in 64 and of no recollection of these

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I don't know, but surely not from the Crimean war. The GR on the standard would be one of the Georges between 1714 and 1830 I think.

Victoria was queen during the Crimean war.

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I don't know, but surely not from the Crimean war. The GR on the standard would be one of the Georges between 1714 and 1830 I think.Victoria was queen during the Crimean war.

Cheers

Steve
Sorry Steve I should have made myself more clear the figure I'm talking about was one of my brothers when I was a kid , Ian's one looks to me like an American civil war type by the look of his cap maybe a confederate soldier

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
looks more like a Hussar with that braiding on his chest.........and GR must make him British, so maybe something Waterloo?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
What scale is that Ian ?I only ask as when I was a kid my older brother used to paint large figures and they looked like they were made by airfix but they wasn't a kit it was like the toy ones made of the same plastic but bigger than 1/32 by a big way

I'd say size comparison to 1/32 they were possibly 1/12 scale as they were much bigger , one that sticks out in my mind was I think a Crimean soldier or that same time period
Hi Alan he stands at 50 cm tall so around 1/32 I think

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I don't know, but surely not from the Crimean war. The GR on the standard would be one of the Georges between 1714 and 1830 I think.Victoria was queen during the Crimean war.

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve been looking on line for clues the closest I've seen is British line from Waterloo with the uniform and G R but the cap looks wrong unless the hats fallen off and they have like a bandage underneath or he's been injured and it is a bandage

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
looks more like a Hussar with that braiding on his chest.........and GR must make him British, so maybe something Waterloo?
I think your right Paul from what I've seen British line infantry standard bearer

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi Steve been looking on line for clues the closest I've seen is British line from Waterloo with the uniform and G R but the cap looks wrong unless the hats fallen off and they have like a bandage underneath or he's been injured and it is a bandage
I agree - definitely a bandage that seems to be coming undone.

First Name
Aaron
What media is he? I'm guessing plastic.

The detail looks so nice for an old figure, I'm sure you will paint him up proper Ian.