Four 1/16 Dragon Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Steve H - Morning. We don't have a decontamination routine here, but we are being careful. It is very easy to spend online when your at home isn't it? Katherine has been ordering a whole range of pointless eco-products for some reason - keeps her happy!

The boots probably should have been black, but I thought that a lighter colour would help the balance more. You actually can't tell from the photos of the scene, and he could be wearing Italian boots, which were brown. Should get him finished today.

Stevie J - This is around the fourth version of this figure I've done. The last was a conversion into an officer of the Herman Goering Division in Tunisia:

100_1974.JPG

Dragon head, Tamiya arms etc.

Slight relapse yesterday health wise, but nothing too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Glad the health situation is improving. I'm sure there will be good days and bad days on the road to recovery. The light colour clothing looks very nice.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Jim

I've done a bit of work on the figure today, but I had to give up as I began to feel really lousy. The virus keeps coming back, just when you think you're over it - temperature, cough, sickness and dizziness again. Dammit!

D

Deleted member 6559

That's it for today:

100_6862.JPG100_6863.JPG100_6864.JPG

Hands, binoculars and holster done, plus initial coats on the gun and helmet, and some lengths of strapping made.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Haughty looking chap isn’t he.....great work so far....I know what you mean about Covid as well......I’ve had it for nine days now and it’s the gift that keeps on giving....

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Tim.

Yes. the expression says that he'll only allow himself to be finished when he says so. Not much to do, but some fiddly strapping on the helmet, so I'll leave it until tomorrow now, CV allowing.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking good as ever mate.My wife got it mild so far since last Wednesday.Coughing on and off and chest tight at times.Im sure i will be next being stuck in a flat.Think i e.mailed other day if im not dreaming lol.
Pip pip onk onk.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard. Sorry that the virus has reached Clacton - hope your other half is not too unwell. Didn't receive an email I'm afraid.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
morning Peter

Gently, gently does it until you feel more up to it.

Just the last bits to do, then you can enjoy choosing a new victim.

Delivery day today, and something to look forward to as its different to the normal, ""rinse and repeat, Groundhog days""of the past week!

Keep everyone hydrated and a speedy recovery to you all.

Hopefully you can wrap this one up, it is looking good even if you have been fighting the virus most of the way.

Have a good day

regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve.

We're coping thanks. Instructing my daughter on how to disconnect her broken-down washing machine over the I-Phone cheered me up - my granddaughter kept using the fact that she was distracted to raid the 'fridge - ''Cake, cake!''

I managed to get Otto finished:

100_6868.JPG100_6870.JPG100_6867.JPG100_6869.JPG

Just the gun, helmet and straps to do today. Quite fiddly, but it went OK. I used the Verlinden paved base to suggest the terrace of the Gran Sasso Hotel.

As it doesn't look as the fourth figure is going to arrive anytime soon, I'll call this thread finished. Here are the three completed figures together:

100_6817.JPG100_6838.JPG100_6868.JPG

More Tamiya figures next.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thank You.

Neil - Thanks also. Struggling out of a relapse, but OK thanks.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Cracking trio Peter

Well done

off to find the Cossack

regards

Steve H

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A wonderful grouping Peter. Up to your usual high standards.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
A beautifully painted trio done under circumstances best forgotten. Adding the equipment to figures always seems to bring them to life. A bit like decals an an aeroplane build.
Look after yourself and the family.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Jim. For me, they'll always be associated with Covid-19, for better or worse.

Equipment can make or break a figure I find. With Otto, I found that one of the crucial areas of fabric painting was covered by the helmet.