Four 1/16 Dragon Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.
Hope you start feeling better soon.Ive been watching progress from afar in the stalls.The stay at home warning has forced me to be productive and back to sculpting again!!!.Done enough stones to start a rockery.Past couple of days ive worked on creating a couple of decent mannequins for future projects in 1.9th scale.Im re.working one of my 1.12th mini busts into SAS Falklands and today started prepping a mannequin for a Falklands Gurkha conversion.
The u.boat bods looking dandy.I read somewhere that the Verlinden 120mm one had a british battledress on.No doubt captured from Tobruk maybe.
Pip pip onk onk.
Rich.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Rich

So glad to hear that you're sculpting again, and it sounds like you've been inspired to work on some interesting projects. Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

I've seen the Verlinden figure you mentioned, and he's wearing the standard issue U- Boat cotton trousers and blouson, which were obviously copied from allied patterns. The Germans increasingly adopted aspects of British battledress in particular as being more practical, and because they used less material.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I like the idea how you mix and match the kit and uniforms Peter, all adds to the interest .

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers John. As you say, it adds to the interest if you can try and make something different out of a standard kit.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I hear you have been under the weather with illness and life. I wish you nothing but happiness and good health.

Your figure work is outstanding as always.

Take care my friend

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another frosty one again!

Great start with the first figure, even with CV giving you something of a warped hallucinatory perception on your work.

Are you sure you haven't had any mushrooms?

The U-boatman looks like a solid 2nd figure, all that leather should be fun to paint and weather too.

I guess you should be getting better as its been nearly a week?

Anyone else showing signs of catching it?

Take good care and enjoy the peace of isolation in a crowd?

Is that possible?

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Stevie J - Thanks. I'll survive. I'm embarrassed that I let personal issue onto the site.

Steve H - Morning. Thinking about it last night I realised that I've probably had CV for longer than I thought. It probably started as an attack on my sinuses (my weak point) about ten days ago. I had a fever then and felt much worse than I usually do during such an attack. After that, it worked it's way down my respiratory system and I developed the more classic symptoms. Glad to be able to report that it seems to have stabilised and, if anything, I'm feeling slightly better. My daughter Naomi thinks she may have had it - she was hanging around A&E at the Royal Berkshire Hospital (where the first UK victim died) with an injured friend when it started. As for the isolation, well, we haven't killed eachother..... yet.

The figure should be nice to paint. Looking at other examples, it seems that most people go for a very bluey grey for the leathers, which looks good. I think I'll try and emulate that.

• Wow

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Just catching up now... most of my computer time seems to be trying to log in to the schools pages so I can set the children their school work... Great first figure Peter, looking forward to the outcome on the next one... will keep an eye out whenever I get free of my new "living room / classroom!"
Have you been officially tested for CV or are you one of the many that aren't part of the official numbers.
My friends sister was one of the early ones ( holiday in Italy!) and has made a full recovery!!
Good luck!
Jason.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Jason - No, there's no testing in this area unfortunately. There will always be some doubts, but the symptoms are pretty conclusive, and as if in confirmation, my daughter woke up with it this morning. She's fit and healthy, so should be OK, but at least it confirms that I do have it. As for school/university work, the two at home seem to do most of that on-line anyway. My elder daughter is holed up with my granddaughter in Lewes. Imagine all this without the internet/social media.

On to the U-Boat man's head:

100_6829.JPG

The cap was easy to convert - just removed the totenkopf badge and painted in the roundel. The beardy stubble is painted on.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Peter.

That scarf is looking ok, love the face.

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thanks. Wasn't sure the putty was going to do off at one point, but the scarf painted up OK.

Ralph - Many thanks.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great start with the head and scarf Peter. Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish today

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter, not to say I prefer you this way at a slower pace that I can catch up to but hearing that you're now stable is a good sign that you're slightly better means I have to play catch up again. :smiling2: So I better put in a word...face is looking good, the scarf blends the head to the body well and compliments the hands in the pocket cold effects of the north atlantic.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Greg - Stop it!

Steve - On to the jacket today. I removed the shoulder boards as they wouldn't have been worn with this jacket (and because I did a bad job on them anyway).

Richard - Actually had a bit of a relapse, so may slow up again - quite short of breath, which is scary. Will endeavour to paint the jacket today.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Super face painting, well done with sculpting too and a beard to add a difference to the last one.

Later update today as I am still a little shocked about yesterdays updates!

The lockdown is really serious, I also got an NHS do not go out for 12 weeks too, it has knocked me for 6, and is still sinking in!

I am sure Naomi will bounce back quicker that you are, the curse of being young, fit and usually healthy!

Its another cold one, and eerily quiet even on our usually quiet suburban street, no traffic at all this morning, cars all on the drive ways.

No dog walkers either, too quiet!

Just Owen and Katherine to get it now, I guess the clock has been set back to 14 days for them both?

Keep hydrated, and enjoy painting all that leather, that will be a fun day

Best wishes to the other patient/s too

Take care all of you

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Such weird times. Having an easily bored 17 year old at home can be a bit trying at times, believe me. We keep finding him lots of jobs, but somehow they never get done. Katherine's still OK and Naomi's taking it like the fit and healthy 20 year old she is.

Thank God for modelling and that daily escape! Look after yourselves.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter, do persist with painting the jacket and stay hydrated, you'll get over this.

Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Take it easy Peter. The relapse seems a part of the illness. Sue is suffering waves of illness, between which she isn’t too bad. Unfortunately I’m just starting to show symptoms myself....not bad yet though so here’s hoping. :sick: