Four 1/16 Dragon Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - :thumb2:

Tim - Thanks for that. Reassuring to hear that it can go up and down, though of course I commiserate with Sue and wish her well. Sorry to hear that you might be coming down with it, but perhaps it's better to get it out of the way?

Jim - Will do.

The jacket:

100_6830.JPG100_6831.JPG

I used Vallejo Dark Blue Grey for this, considerably lightened with Off White. Not as blue as the colour one sees used on Alpine U-Boat figures, but perhaps more realistic. I've also given him the swordfish cap- badge of the 9th Flotilla.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Love the colour palette you have dark blue forage cap, dark grey hoodie, light grey jacket and well creased up too, your favourite drapery!

I guess colour period references are none existent?

As a sub-mariner would the leather have lost its sheen?

Would there be a salty white "bloom" after prolonged exposure?

Even mildew on badges, buttons and metalwork?

I have read these things but never really seem it live in historical photos!

Lovely piece of decking too, you do have a broad range of scratching skills even if you don't think so, as you have already been sculpting on this one.

Looks like another bright and crisp day ahead.

We have agreed to learn to play Mahjong as part of our ""captivity"" activities.

At 4pm ish we stop for an hour, turn all devises off and get out a 42 year old Mahjong set and play.

Even though Anna hates cards games, it tiles LOL

And she is getting it already, we just need to start adding in all the special characters next.

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Board games would be the last straw in this household. However they may be a better alternative to the current state of play in the evenings - me staring at the big screen and the three others staring at their I-Phones.

Glad you like our man so far. Quite hard to make a grey palette look interesting and I realised last night that the deck will be grey too. I'm sure the leather would have suffered from the damp and salt conditions, but that's hard to reproduce so that it doesn't look like bad painting - I'll see what I can do.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice progress Peter, the deck looks good too :thumb2:
Steven

D

Deleted member 6559

Steven - Thank you.

Another stage completed:

100_6835.JPG100_6836.JPG100_6837.JPG

Today I painted the trousers and boots, painted the base and attached the figure, then painted and attached the holster and lens cap. I did paint the binoculars, by they turned out to be a bit too battered, so I'll root around for another pair.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
He is coming on a treat. Hope you are on the mend.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful work on the creases and folds. A dark art I still cant master. Cracking figure

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thanks. Had a bit of a relapse with the virus, but that's the way it goes apparently.

Steve - Thanks also. He's nearly there.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely work with a single plain light colour, it looks so simple but is really difficult to get such a realistic finish.

Well done.

Board games, we have loads, but most either need or are much better with 4, and there is only 2 of us locked in!

At least it isn't raining at the moment, for now!

Finish today then onto the next victim.

Have a good day with the paints and a speedy recovery too.

Feeling better yet?

Take care

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Yes, should get this finished today, despite feeling slightly worse with the CV - dryer cough and tight chest combined with general ropiness. Looks like Katherine's finally succumbed too, so she won't be manning the wards any time soon.

D

Deleted member 6559

That's the second one finished:

100_6839.JPG100_6840.JPG100_6841.JPG100_6838.JPG

I didn't have another set of naval binoculars so I've given him the kit pair instead - wartime shortages etc. I did also make a lanyard for the flare pistol, but it looked too garish against the muted greys, so I removed it.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks very much Ralph.

It's on to Otto Skorzeny next. The panzer grenadier hasn't arrived yet - and since it's coming from Hong Kong, may never do. Fortunately, John has come up trumps and got three Tamiya kits to me with no trouble - it's quite funny the way the post/delivery people knock and scarper away so quickly from this plague house (though of course I don't blame them for doing so one bit).

Last edited by a moderator:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
it's quite funny the way the post/delivery people knock and scarper away so quickly from this plague house (though of course I don't blame for doing so one bit).
Our local postie has delivered a couple of parcels this week, and like yours, rings the bell then quickly steps back up the drive. When I go to the door he always asks if we're alright and if we need anything.
Pete

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Pete - Ours disappear; I didn't know anyone could get down the path so quick.

D

Deleted member 4539

Thanks very much Ralph.

It's on to Otto Skorzeny next. The panzer grenadier hasn't arrived yet - and since it's coming from Hong Kong, may never do. Fortunately, John has come up trumps and got three Tamiya kits to me with no trouble - it's quite funny the way the post/delivery people knock and scarper away so quickly from this plague house (though of course I don't blame them for doing so one bit).
Looking forward to that Peter.
It's not the plague,it's you he was running from :hungry:.

D

Deleted member 6559

No Ralph, he likes me ''Good morning to you Mr Day!'' is his usual greeting.

Last edited by a moderator: