Four 1/16 Dragon Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Our postie is a lovely girl, she told me yesterday that due to the virus she has 2 "walks" now and we will get a delivery every other day, suits me, better something than nothing.

I even got a tube of Tamiya epoxy putty from Japan ordered on the 18th

It has all been unpacked and wiped off, the packaging and latex gloves disposed and the "stock" is in the garage for a 72 hour decontamination.

Another super figure Peter too, with further deliveries and only 2 of the 4 completed, you will be occupied for the near future.

The C.V. has certainly slowed you down to a mere mortal speed painting and finishing your figures.

The 8 pm clap last night for the NHS was poorly attended on our street, just ourselves and our attached neighbours, so sad, but we could hear other parts of the local streets on the estate, perhaps it might be better attended next week, or when ever they plan to re do it.

Its the very least we can do to honour the NHS workers from top to bottom, cleaners to CEO, they deserve our appreciation.

Enough said.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all your family patients, its almost a full house, I guess you must be closest to recovery or is Naomi catching you up?

Take care and look after each other

Have a good day with the new victim, it grey and cold here, hopefully brighter and warmer later

Regards

Steve H

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another great figure Peter although I feel you are more concerned about the virus than figure painting. Hope you and the family get through it all soon. The NHS clapping last nite certainly raised my wife's spirits. I hope it did the same for your wife as well

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve H - Morning that man. Pretty much the same on the CV front, though Katherine has it now. She's fairing reasonably OK. Managing to get food delivered from various companies, so won't starve at least. No clapping around hear (miserable buggers), but my eldest, Emily, sent us a video from Lewes where the place went wild - there were even fireworks. My granddaughter got very excited and wouldn't sleep until she'd sung the Clap-Clap song at least 1000 times.

I've managed to build up a stash of around 7 figures and 4 busts, so I won't get bored at least.

Steve J - Glad you like our man. I'm really enjoying doing these plastic figures. More soon...

D

Deleted member 6559

100_6842.JPG

On to the next one, and this is a portrait of Germany's 'go-to' commando, Otto Skorzeny at the time of the raid to rescue Mussolini from captivity at Gran Sasso:

unnamed.png

The picture shows Skorzeny with a deflated Mussolini, some of the Italian guard,s and some of the elite fallschirmjagers who formed the rescue squad.

One unique sprue and two generic ones:

100_6843.JPG100_6844.JPG

The head is a very good, portrait of Skorzeny, fencing scars included:

0_SS-Sturmbannfuhrer-Otto-Skorzeny.jpg

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I always wondered where he got those scars from and now I know! Many thanks Peter and good luck with this one

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve - Yes, a practice indulged in by university students as a mark of their class and status. It was banned under the Nazis, who were always trying to undermine the influence of the 'decadent' upper classes, but it is still indulged in today by some 'secret' societies in central Europe.

On to the figure and he's ready for paint:

100_6845.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Morning Peter
First off I hope you and yours are doing OK. There are a lot of people that we owe a "clap of thanks" to at this time. Our neighbour works at Aldi. Not a job I would want at the moment. A friend is a gas engineer. He is only doing emergency call outs but in the last week he has fixed two faulty boilers and replaced a leaking radiator. Lots of great people doing all they can. Concentrate on them not the few idiots.
Anyway I like that figure. Very well done to ensure interest where there is limited colours. The hat really pops :thumb2:
You take care of yourself and work your magic on Otto.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Jim

My son was out walking the dog at 8 o.clock last night and saw and heard quite a lot of clapping around the corner, so Canterbury is forgiven. To be fair, most of our neighbours are elderly, probably quite frightened, and it was a cold night.

Glad you like the U-Boat man. I'm working on Otto's face at the moment. Hopefully a pic later.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice work on the head Peter :thumb2:
Quite a scar too :astonished:...
Steven

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Its Saturday isn't it?

The days seem to be melding into one with the lock down!

Lovely work on the scarring, is it better to have more scars or not?

I would have thought it only highlights your lack of skill with a foil/sabre or whatever your choice of blade is?

Some people!

You were painting in the afternoon?

That's a change isn't it!

Are you going for a "straight out of the box"" finish or an alternative?

I guess the cut of the uniform will be limiting?

Its the weekend, though there its unlikely to hold any surprises for the next 11 weeks!

Have a good day and keep the patients hydrated.

Owen must be somewhat concerned as he still hasn't caught the virus yet, though I guess its just a matter of time!

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Thanks. I wish it amazed me....

Steve - I did find some photos of fresh duelling scars that were too gruesome to post. The more the better I understand - a mark of bravery, showing that you could take the pain. I'm going for OOB finish I think, as it's supposed to be of a particular moment in time.

Owen said he felt a bit ill last night, so he may now have it. Naomi seems to be suffering the worse, strangely - coughing a lot and with a fever. At least Joe should be immune in his doggy world.

Yes, worked in the PM. Slept all morning, so had a late start.

Keep safe.

D

Deleted member 6559

The jacket:

100_6852.JPG100_6853.JPG

I found this quite a slog. I find light colours more challenging at the best of times, but for some reason I found this especially tricky (influence of the virus?).. I decided to give him a Luftwaffe blue shirt to add a bit of colour.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks OK from here, in fact it looks pretty good for a light jacket and well shaded drapery.

Nice contrast with the shirt too.

Its started snowing up't North, I know WTF is that all about!

Its 0 C again and we are getting a blast from the North for the next week!

I have had to self isolate from E-bay LOL

I have been buying too much with all the silly C.V. prices and no one bidding!

I have a large bag in the garage going through decontamination, and an ever larger hole in my credit card!!!!

I have some interesting new builds for my ""11 weeks and 1 day left in isolation"" which will give me something else to do!

Anna has become the anti bacterial Fuehrer and everything gets washed and decontaminated daily/hourly!

Even though it is a fixture in the house and we haven't been out, either of us for over a week!

It keeps her happy!

Best wishes to all the patients and keep them and yourself hydrated.

Hopefully the virus's influence will start to slacken and let you get on with your painting without too much stress

Sleep is good too, and eat what you like/can/still have left!

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Glad you and Anna are coping with isolation. We've also settled down to it reasonably well - Katherine was even doing yoga by I-Phone with Emily in Lewes this morning. Feeling a bit better myself, and the other patients are no worse.

So, back to the figure, and I've got the legs done:

100_6858.JPG100_6859.JPG100_6860.JPG100_6861.JPG

A real slog - I'm still finding the light colours difficult to wrestle into submission.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great work on the light uniform and lovely drapery, it looks so natural and not to dark or heavy.

The belt and boots look good too, the little pieces can often make or break a figure.

Gloss black boots on a well painted figure is such a shame, but yours look just right.

1st week of incarceration over, just another 11 to go, we have a delivery from the Red Cross tomorrow (Asda!)

We now have a 3 page decontamination protocol to deal with the delivery!

It keeps her happy!

I bought another E-bay tank, a 1:35 world of tanks T 34/85 for £16 inc P&P!

I need to put a block on E-bay!!!

Good to hear all the patients are feeling better including yourself too!

Once you have recovered the world is your oyster, you will have to get big badges to state

""I have recovered from Corona"" and you could get back to a little bit more of a normal life

Work from home, only going out to shop or get medication, only exercise close to home once a day, otherwise stay in doors.

Perhaps not that normal and probably the best we will get for most of 2020?

cold and cloudy day, not the best for painting

Have a good day finishing off Otto and choosing the next victim

Regards

Steve H

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Nice work on the light colours Peter. Glad your health is improving. Hopefully the rest of the family won't be far behind. How many times have you done this character in one form or another??