Fraudulent build reviews...

D

Deleted member 5496

Hey Laurie, you stumbled across one of my personal conundrums there....how do you stick non-stick coating to a frying pan in the first place? By its nature it shouldn’t stick at all.....
Solved it did not Tim.

D

Deleted member 5496

Along with how do seedless grapes reproduce, and why is there only one Monopolies Commission.
Pete
Another easy one Tim. Grapes. They do not. Monoplies Commission. They could not find another one.

Next ?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Along with how do seedless grapes reproduce
That one is most likely pretty easy: the same way bananas do (the little black dots inside a banana are what remains of its seeds, and you probably can’t plant one if you try). That is, they depend on humans to make cuttings from the plants.

why is there only one Monopolies Commission.
Because they’re not in a line of business in which there is any competition. Their business would be policing other lines of business to make sure there are no illegal monopolies. To put it another way: you might as well ask why there are not two competing police forces in your area (answer: there are in some countries, but many have abolished them in favour of one force to avoid rivalry, problems with delineating jurisdiction, etc.).

(I know the questions weren’t serious. The answers are, though :smiling3:)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Barry started this discussion due to reading reviews of the Kitty Hawk Bronco kit which in no way reflected his own findings. Barry is an experienced, skilled modeller so his thoughts on the kit can be taken as valid. My gripe is now with build articles in magazines. I am building my Revell helicopter having read the build article in Airfix Model World magazine. None of the fit issues were mentioned in the article. The kit was said to be at 'intermediate' skill level.

I just wondered if anyone else had read build articles in magazines which failed to point out pitfalls which became obvious once you tried to build the kit

jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Barry started this discussion due to reading reviews of the Kitty Hawk Bronco kit which in no way reflected his own findings. Barry is an experienced, skilled modeller so his thoughts on the kit can be taken as valid. My gripe is now with build articles in magazines. I am building my Revell helicopter having read the build article in Airfix Model World magazine. None of the fit issues were mentioned in the article. The kit was said to be at 'intermediate' skill level.

I just wondered if anyone else had read build articles in magazines which failed to point out pitfalls which became obvious once you tried to build the kit

jim
Quick answer to that Jim, no , I have enough problems building them when they are faultless. :disappointed:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
None of the fit issues were mentioned in the article. The kit was said to be at 'intermediate' skill level.
And yet both of us have had troubles with the seats, the screen, and with the fit of the fuselage halves.
Pete

B

baz

Hello every one,
as an old guy I can remember when there were no such things as the internet and reviews and star ratings about things you were going to buy you made your choice made your purchase and built the model, it is not about how some else sees and builds the model but about having that calm space and time to enjoy your model making and do it HOW you want to do it, I think the star rating system is just about trying to sell sell sell, but I am an old guy what do I know, have fun with your model making guys.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) PS yes how do seedless grapes reproduce any way ?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hello every one,
as an old guy I can remember when there were no such things as the internet and reviews and star ratings about things you were going to buy you made your choice made your purchase and built the model, it is not about how some else sees and builds the model but about having that calm space and time to enjoy your model making and do it HOW you want to do it, I think the star rating system is just about trying to sell sell sell, but I am an old guy what do I know, have fun with your model making guys.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) PS yes how do seedless grapes reproduce any way ?

Bud grafting I guess.

Cheers,
Richard