Freddie Spencer NS500

T

treyzx10r

I just started this 1/12 scale kit I got as a gift from a fellow racer. Here are components after basic painting

finished up the engine and added the throttle cables

next I decided to go with a titanium finish and add some blueing to the pipes some were just painted black but thought that would be a bit boring

after clearing I added some detail to the welds with some bright silver

F

Fenlander

Coming on a treat Trey. I see you have seen the one I did, you need Microsol, (or similar) to get the decals to fit. I just left the expansion boxes black, didn't have the nerve to colour them up like you have. Looking forward to seeing more

B

bikerbart

Looking very nice indeed, looking forward to seeing it put together, regards Martin :smiling:

G

garethm

Hi Trey, its looking good, as Graham has said use micro sol or set the decals will follow the curves and dry in shape. Must see the finished bike.

Cheers Gareth.

T

treyzx10r

thanks for the tip and the kind words . The decals in this kit are very old so I''ll give it a try also is 'decal set' the same as microsol?

T

treyzx10r

the cooling system ready to mount

triple clamps and controls

B

Backbreaker

Superb clean build Trey, got my eyes on this one.

Joolz.

T

treyzx10r

got motivated this weekend and mounted up the cooling system

also got the swingarm and rear tire assembly on

T

treyzx10r

more progress as the rain kept me from riding today,test fit of the pipes and the front end is almost ready

T

treyzx10r

went ahead with the paint unfortunately the older kits decals are somewhat lacking and require more painting than I would like but here goes

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice indeed. I saw Spencer race back in the day,may even have been this bike!

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

thanks Steve! I got the first set of decals on, thanks for the tip about the decal set Graham it worked great!

T

treyzx10r

thanks Martin. I shot the clear on and put the finishing touches on it this evening. I do'nt really care for clear body panels but thought it might work with this kit. I did hide the ugly seam on the front with the number plate

M

m1ks

Very nice indeed, I especially like the chain, that's very convincing, probably the most realistic looking bike chain on a model i've seen yet, what was your procedure for that?

Re the clear fairing, i'm of the school of thought that painted looks better, I always like the idea of them and being able to see the engine is great but I think they look better with paint.

T

treyzx10r

thanks m1ks ,the chain started with a coat of flat back then a light dry brush of silver followed by a clear coat for a 'lubed' look. I have to admit one of the reasons I left the front fairing clear was the bad state the decals were in do to there age, I totally agree painted is better . I'm thinking maybe at a later date I will order a set of decals and wind up painting it .