French Musketeer pics

N

noble

Hi all this is a project i've been working on for three months it is the miniart 1/16 french musketeer... all for one and one for all. paints used in the construction of this were oils, and tamiya acrylics, this kit is a first for me and iam still developing my figure painting skills this kit is quite detailed but it would test any model makers skills to the full, so i hope you like it and as usual all comments are welcome good or bad.

Scott:winkingshades:

View attachment 34866

View attachment 34867

View attachment 34868

View attachment 34869

View attachment 34870

View attachment 34871

View attachment 34872

Aramis 2.jpg

Aramis 4.jpg

Aramis 1.jpg

Aramis 7.jpg

Aramis 3.jpg

Aramis 5.jpg

Aramis 6.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Scott. This isn't really my scene but it looks pretty good to me!

I have to ask, do you LIVE at your modelling bench 'cos your output is phenomenal. I mean, it only seemed to take you about 5 minutes to finish off that excellent 1/16 Tiger!

Gern

PS I'll bet your Dora will slow you down a bit when it arrives! :lol

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Scott. There sure is plenty of detail on him, that's for sure!

Ron

N

noble

A big thanks for the response chaps much appreciate it, i know this is not everyones cup of tea but i just thought i'd try something a little different this time. It is not a bad little kit but it was a bugger to put together.

thanks

scott

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work Scott, nice to see something different mate. Big five.

Have fun, John

B

Bill's Bunker

Hi,

Like the Musketeer, I have done a couple of Tamiya 1/16th German figures. I was going to ask anyone what Miniart kits are like but if you can get results like that, I'll give them a go! My main subject it WWII armour, but I do the odd car, motocycle or figure. I think there's a lot more detail on medieval or Roman type figures.

I am also thinking of changing my paint from Tamiya acrylics to Vallejo, what do you think?

Keep up the good work.

Regards

R

Richy C

Great work Scott nice to see something like this , you`ve done a smashing job mate.

Richy

N

noble

\ said:
Hi,Like the Musketeer, I have done a couple of Tamiya 1/16th German figures. I was going to ask anyone what Miniart kits are like but if you can get results like that, I'll give them a go! My main subject it WWII armour, but I do the odd car, motocycle or figure. I think there's a lot more detail on medieval or Roman type figures.

I am also thinking of changing my paint from Tamiya acrylics to Vallejo, what do you think?

Keep up the good work.

Regards
Hi Mel:smile1: i must admit i only use vallejo paints for litte bits iam afraid as iam a tamiya fan, however i have found the best results for skin tones are artists oils. For flesh tones you will need to mix some burnt scienna, yellow ochre and white, they are easy to mix and apply and blend they also have a long working time as well, i'll swear by them.

scott

Last edited:
N

noble

Cheers for the comment chaps and the five stars, my next offering will be in the sci-fi kits so tune in.

thanks again

scott

P

phalinmegob

i love sci fi kits but have not done many yet,currently watching battlestar galactica on dvd, now i got to go out and get me a galactica and viper.got a star trek voyager to do soon.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Someone just had to mention Voyager, thank Andrew hehehe. Mine is still at the window stage and keep cutting one or two out every so often. Sorry Scott back on topic lol.

Have fun, John

N

noble

When i say my next offering is sci-fi it is also a little Anime as well and it will come in two parts good versus evil you might say.

scott

B

Bill's Bunker

French Musketeer...

Hi All,

Just brought this kit, as I wanted to do a figure that was'ent Khaki drab and try Miniart. Was it a mistake? It seems Minikart leaves a lot to be desired!! on the quality and finish side of things, but not bad value for money..

I can see why Scott took 3 months on this kit, most of that must have been getting rid of all that flash. I think I might try their buildings or ruins on my first Dio coming along next.

Would like to hear from other Miniart users, etc.

Again well done Scott.

Regards

Mel.

S

Spyderman_uk

Scott, that Musketeer is superb!

Are the crosses of the cape decals or did you paint them?

If decals then they are impossible to detect.

The white ankle cuffs look a little bright.

I don't know if that is how they should be or not, but in my eyes it gives the impression you may have forgotten to paint them.

Sorry for being a little negative, just a personal observation.

Other than that it is another fantastic piece of modelling.

N

noble

Thanks for the great comments folks and the stars hi Terry the crosses are actually decals and i just realised i forgot to give those ankle cuffs a wash when i did the rest od the figure so i'll sort that cheers for the heads up.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
Hi All,Just brought this kit, as I wanted to do a figure that was'ent Khaki drab and try Miniart. Was it a mistake? It seems Minikart leaves a lot to be desired!! on the quality and finish side of things, but not bad value for money..

I can see why Scott took 3 months on this kit, most of that must have been getting rid of all that flash. I think I might try their buildings or ruins on my first Dio coming along next.

Would like to hear from other Miniart users, etc.

Again well done Scott.

Regards

Mel.
Mel i find Miniart buildings amazing, they can be a little difficult putting together but the detail is great i love em.

scott