Frost proofing my paints, MacGyver style

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Just a thought but is it possible to insulate the entire shed? Could you board some insulation in between the studwork?
Cheers
Paul

I mention it right at the end of that first post Paul. The plan for early next year is to build another shed at the side of this and keep the current one just for storage. I'd thought about knocking this one down and building a much larger single shed divided into "rooms" but that might be over budget. Whichever way the model / workshop area will be fully insulated and heated, so it didn't make sense to shell out much on insulating this one fully right now if it's only going to have my tools and camping gear in it :smiling3:

I do have the option to work in one of the rooms in the house that we rarely use, but neither of us would want any spraying going on in there so I don't think it would work, as I'd like everything to be together as I often flit between one thing and another.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I mention it right at the end of that first post Paul. The plan for early next year is to build another shed at the side of this and keep the current one just for storage. I'd thought about knocking this one down and building a much larger single shed divided into "rooms" but that might be over budget. Whichever way the model / workshop area will be fully insulated and heated, so it didn't make sense to shell out much on insulating this one fully right now if it's only going to have my tools and camping gear in it :smiling3:

I do have the option to work in one of the rooms in the house that we rarely use, but neither of us would want any spraying going on in there so I don't think it would work, as I'd like everything to be together as I often flit between one thing and another.
Sounds like a good plan Andy. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It will be worth it Andy to do that in the spring .
As to Si showing all that insulation poor old 570 ( Ron ) would be in heaven .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
bet thats fun when the wind pick up!

Much of it is surprisingly heavy Density stuff, Left overs from civil engineering projects such as road embankment construction. Often referred to as Geofoam and can be covered in a barrier fabric.

It will be worth it Andy to do that in the spring .
As to Si showing all that insulation poor old 570 ( Ron ) would be in heaven .
Thats a lot of pizza bases!! :flushed:

• Love
Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Sorry to pinch your thread Andy. I been in the industry for 27yrs and Expanded polystyrene isn’t really interesting enough to come up in conversation .....I got carried away:smiling5:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry Andy.

Sorry to pinch your thread Andy. I been in the industry for 27yrs and Expanded polystyrene isn’t really interesting enough to come up in conversation .....I got carried away:smiling5:

Oh yes it is. ::nerd:

D

Deleted member 7181

Si, by way of apology I think it's only right that you send me enough material to insulate my whole street :tears-of-joy:

But by all means carry on, I too find it interesting.