Fueling up.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Tamyia 1/48 Crusader, North Africa well, sort of it's PVA and toilet paper over sand. The tank itself is built straight from the box with Tamyia's Jerry can set and tank crew. I have loved every minute of this build, hope you all like it too.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice composition John, no frills but very effective. I like the background, it gives a good distance perspective, i.e nothing but bl***y sand. How you made the sand is one for the unconventional thread. An excellent method, and cheap too!

It is also nice to see some British armour for a change and I notice it's not only me who hangs buckets on the a**e end of their models!!

Well done.

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Ron & Andy, i did have a go at making some palm tree's but didn't look any good. Good idea too Ron about unconventional modelling, will sort that out, going to make a start on the little Panzerkampfwagen now. Thinking about it, i could photo the build up of the base and post that up in the unconventional thread.

Thanks again and have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
nice job ,john really effective dio,like the sand effect too. If you look on the help threads theres one ongoing about making palm trees ,might be of interest to you for the next desert dio. cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Cheers Tony, will have a go at them matey.

Just got to show you this lot, it's been a beautiful day here, so out came the camera and the Crusader for some natural light photos.

I love this photo

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Been 'off air' for a few days with a broken router so not seen this set.

Very nice too John, but picture 2 gets my vote...Nice sky and I like the light and dark contrast.

Well done.............and the next project is.....?

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Yep, thats the one i love too Ron. Problem is now, i've got the Panzerkampfwagen on the go and i've just got back from the model shop. I only went for new brushes and its cost me £43, oops! Now i've got to add to my list some German Infantry on maneuvers, Road sign set and a Initial Production Tiger 1, oh and i forgot, i did get some brushes..........and glue.................. and decal softner.

I'm havin fun, knee deep in German armour, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi john, rons right pic 2 is genius,it could be real ,especially as both the soldiers are looking directly into the camera as if posing for a snapshot in the african desert-brilliant! loving the fantastic sky too, who says its grim up north?!! cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Sweet pic Theuns, thanks for posting it up. I'd be happy if you had some info on it mate.

Thanks again, John

T

T. van Vuuren

Well,I don't have any infoon that particular tank.

It was posted on an Aviation forum Ibelong to ,yea bit heavy to fly.

Here are a couple of pix for you guys of some restored armourhere in SA from Sandstone heritage. Check out their site, a must see if you ever come over here.(I have no affiliation, just intersting to see)

Welcome to The Sandstone Heritage Trust & Sandstone Estates (Pty) Ltd

Also check out the following list of preserved tanks in SA, to long to post here.

IPMS South Africa - Preserved tanks in SA

Here are some pix from Sandstone.BTW they also have a nice collection of steam locos.

Theuns

View attachment 19805

View attachment 19806

View attachment 19807

View attachment 19808

View attachment 19809

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks again Theuns, some great sites there bud. A few things have caught my eye for some modelling subjects.

Have fun, John

N

noble

Hi there, again just found these for some reason my computer at work won't allow access to images so iam impressed very nice indeed keep up the good work.

scott

D

dubster72

Just like Scott, I missed this one but I'm glad it came round again. It's a great dio but what I like most is how you've painted the Crusader John. Doing 'one-colour' schemes are never easy, most people end up with a boring monochrome look but you've really given it a richness of colour & variation. Excellent stuff!

Patrick

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks fellas, i know what you mean. I was going sand-blind Patrick, i think it's time i went back to Europe (nice and green, or gray). Just my luck the next one will be in snow, oh bother, it is :dancing1:

Thanks again, John