Fujimi RF-4C Phantom II

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well, under construction, not really as I've nearly finished the thing ! But, as I take forever to complete a model I thought I would post some basic construction pic's before I post the finished article !

It's a Phantom, made by Fujimi. Not a company I've used before, but I like it. The model did have some very nice fine recessed panel lines, but some problems painting meant I've nearly filled them all in with many coats of paint. The instructions can be a bit confusing sometimes, but if you're patient and read them carefully (this doesn't apply to me ! ) the information is there.

The general fit is very good, with just a few minor issues to sort, so minor, I can't remember what they were, then again I have been nearly 3 months making this kit !View attachment 16729View attachment 16730View attachment 16731

View attachment 24803

View attachment 24804

View attachment 24805

Underside.jpg

Standard cockpit.jpg

Pre shading.jpg

C

Caledonia

Hi Colin, thats an excellent looking cockpit, look forward to viewing your progress. What scale is it? Cheers Derek

B

bikerbart

Looking nice, look forward to seeing more, regards Martin :smiling:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
oops forgot to mention it's 1:72 The finished photos should be up soon. In the finished section !

Regards

Colin

F

Fenlander

I love the Phantom, suppose it was an aircraft of my era growing up with the Vietnam war on TV every night. But I do think the Phantom was the last of the 'modern' jets to have that character. It looked like a killing machine and that is all it did. The only one to come near to that 'look' since has been the A10. Looking forward to seeing this in all its glory.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Graham,

If you'd said you like Phantoms that much, I'd have given you first dibs on the one we saw at Coventry. I know it's a bit bigger than your usual stuff, but it would sure look good in your garden next to your cave!

Gern

C

Caledonia

\ said:
oops forgot to mention it's 1:72 The finished photos should be up soon. In the finished section !Regards

Colin
Hi Colin, at 1/72 that really is an amazing cockpit, keep up the good work. Cheers Derek

B

backonthecase

Excellent work Colin. I bought one of these at a farming fair (I know wierd eh?!) along with a Hasegawa F-4E and I'm glad to see it can be built into an excellent looking machine!!!

Stuart

T

treyzx10r

Colin the detail work in that cockpit is amazing ,especially in that scale at first glance I thought 1/48 did'nt realize my error until I read further down ,nicely done!

B

Bunkerbarge

However I do think you could have spent a bit more time on the wheel bay doors!! :laughing:

Seriously though superb cockpit.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Colin

This Phantom looks awesome, is it really 1/72?!!!

Can't wait to see the final pics

All the best

Paul

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
However I do think you could have spent a bit more time on the wheel bay doors!! :laughing:I thought I had got away with them, but someone had to notice. But really, you should see what I normally make with blu tak, just before the wife tells me off and takes it away from me !

Regards

Colin m........