Funny Question

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, have been using Deluxe Roket Max glue and wondered if anyone can tell me what's in it that makes me sneeze, weird question but the glue is quite useful sometimes but I come away sneezing my head off. Any ideas.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mark,
Symptoms... Sneezing, very runny nose etc ????

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Your body is reacting to something that it doesn't like Mark. Not sure how old you are but as you age I believe you become more prone to alergic reactions. For some reason I sneeze every time I chew on some Airwaves gum. Perhaps someone more medically qualified will be able to give you a better answer.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
To answer the above, I'm 54 years young and the symptoms are sneezing, just seems weird and I'm a curious bugger.

D

Deleted member 6559

You are probably having an allergic rhinitis reaction to the fumes given off Mark. Some CA glues will release more vapours than others and I'd bet that the Deluxe is probably more fumy than you're used to. Their filler is great, but it also has a strong smell and can make my eyes water if I get too close. Best to keep the room well ventilated and/or wear a mask if it bothers you.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hmmmmm, weird stuff, dont use it much, think I'll wear a mask when using it. Thanks all.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Hi Mark.
this is more likely to be a nonallergic rhinitis caused by the irritant effect of the solvent.The effects should wear off almost as soon as you put the cap back on the glue.
Jon.