Funny Quotes

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

Just love quotes.

So I will start great if you would add for just a bit of fun.

Laurie (blimey had the same problem)

My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.

Winston Churchill

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Not funny but rather inspired.
John Jervis 1at Earl St Vincent in a letter to the Board of Admiralty 1801 regarding a possible French invasion.

" I do not say,my Lords,that the French will not come.I say only that they will not come by sea. "

Jon.

D

Deleted member 5496

Not funny but rather inspired.
John Jervis 1at Earl St Vincent in a letter to the Board of Admiralty 1801 regarding a possible French invasion.

" I do not say,my Lords,that the French will not come.I say only that they will not come by sea. "

Jon.
1801: That is so very funny.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Apparently Napoleon is reputed to have said "One can do anything with the bayonet -- except sit on it!"
Steve

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
My favourite Churchills:

Churchill in the lavatory in the House of Commons. His secretary knocked on the door and said: "Excuse me Prime Minister, but the Lord Privy Seal wishes to speak to you." After a pause Churchill replied: "Tell His Lordship I'm sealed in my own privy and can only deal with one sh*t at a time."

(Possibly) Lady Astor MP accused Churchill in the Commons of being "disgustingly drunk". His reply - "My dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."

And again possible, Lady Astor to Churchill: “If I were married to you, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
His reply: “If I were married to you, I’d drink it.”

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I detest inspirational quotes with every fibre of my being, but I do like Henry Ford's "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got."

And of course, as a serious fan of Test Match Special, "The batsman's Holding the bowler's Willey".

Reactions: JR

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
From "Blackadder goes forth":
"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
"I know from long experience my men have the artistic talent of a cluster of colour blind hedgehogs in a bag"
and talking of sausages ;)
"...and the gubber had snitched a parcel sausage end and gone goose over stumps frog side".

From "100 Zen short stories"
"No theatre is Zen; Zen theatre, no."

and some fun for those over 50 (I'm in too...:smiling6:)
10327687.jpg
Andrea, already wearing his coat, hat, walking stick and gloves, heading for "The Drones".:smiling4:

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Not that this applies to any of us, I'm sure but......

" The secret of a good marriage is telling your wife she's beautiful even if she looks like a dump truck"

( a young school boy quote, apparently)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
From "Blackadder goes forth":
"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
"I know from long experience my men have the artistic talent of a cluster of colour blind hedgehogs in a bag"
and talking of sausages ;)
"...and the gubber had snitched a parcel sausage end and gone goose over stumps frog side".

From "100 Zen short stories"
"No theatre is Zen; Zen theatre, no."

and some fun for those over 50 (I'm in too...:smiling6:)
View attachment 445742
Andrea, already wearing his coat, hat, walking stick and gloves, heading for "The Drones".:smiling4:
Nearly woke up Management laughing at this Andrea.
" know from long experience my men have the artistic talent of a cluster of colour blind hedgehogs in a bag"
:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3: nearly awarded a Dogs !