Fw 190 A5 Hasegawa - ajcmac

F

Fenlander

My word but the standard is very high.... what idiot suggested we do this??????

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
She is nice and looks well used too. Great work António.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very well done indeed. Nice work on the shading,you've got the balance just right (to my eye anyway) and it's looking most impressive. You've set a high bar with this one Antonio,it certainly gives us something to shoot for!

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

\ said:
She is nice and looks well used too. Great work António.Have fun, John
I had almost finished my model in the painting. I had some problems to solve. No longer do freehand with the airbrush for a long time. I've been without building models for almost 8 years. I restarted for about two years. I spent the tanks for aircraft. Only after seeing the picture of your model I decided to risk it. I got lucky and came out better than I expected. Thank you.

I hope that you can understand me, my english is bad.

Germans symbols complete.

Thanks for your words.

F

Fenlander

Great model and very good work António, do not worry about your English, it is 1000 times better than my Spanish :biggrin:

F

Fenlander

She is starting to look really gorgeous António, very impressive.

R

Richy C

Right then I`m binning mine, anyone else , on a serious note that looks fantastic Antonio , don`t worry - your English is very good , infact its better than mine after I`ve had a few beers

Keep them photo`s coming , great work

Richy

A

ajcmac

Well, I tried several times to simulate the exhaust fumes. Already painted with black, oil paints dark brown, light brown and still a lot lighter brown. Already has several layers of paint and, as you can see, not happened.

Does someone can give me a hand?

B

beav1013

I think it's going to be hard to see if you're only using dark colors when you do it over a black surface. I've seen some exhaust stains that have a slightly white/greyish tint to them. you might want to start with a very very light shading of of grey over the area to lay down as a base. then do the black and brown on top of it.

I attached a copy of my 190 where i have the exhaust stains going back pretty far because i wanted them to be seen. i had the same experience though where you don't really see it over the black decal/paint that's already there. i figured it would've been the same in real life.

but i would try experimenting with the white/grey base then the black and brown on top of that on a scrap piece first before putting it on your model. it looks really good so far and i'd hate for you to not like the results. good luck.

View attachment 23046

DSCN1247.jpg

A

ajcmac

\ said:
I think it's going to be hard to see if you're only using dark colors when you do it over a black surface. I've seen some exhaust stains that have a slightly white/greyish tint to them. you might want to start with a very very light shading of of grey over the area to lay down as a base. then do the black and brown on top of it.I attached a copy of my 190 where i have the exhaust stains going back pretty far because i wanted them to be seen. i had the same experience though where you don't really see it over the black decal/paint that's already there. i figured it would've been the same in real life.

but i would try experimenting with the white/grey base then the black and brown on top of that on a scrap piece first before putting it on your model. it looks really good so far and i'd hate for you to not like the results. good luck.
Thank you. I’ll try. Let’s see how it will go.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Jim's explained that very well. The lighter greyish deposits were caused by the high lead content of the fuel. Check out ian lanc's Lancaster build,it was he that explained this to me.

Looking very good your 190!

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

Exhaust smoke ready. I hope that you can see and has not bad.

Thank you beav1013.

Now just glue all the missing pieces, landing gear, propeller and canopy. They are ready.

B

beav1013

very nice. not too over the top, not too subtle. looks great. nice streaks on the underside as well. great weathering and paint job all around.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Antonio, gran trabajo, bien hecho amigo!

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's beautiful. I'd love to see the car that came with it!

Gern