Fw 190 D9..spanner570

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Ron ,I'm getting confused by all these Fw190s. You are doing a D-9 so, if it would be interesting,there is a chance that the flaps at least may have been wood. I'm not sure about the tail,late Messerschmitts had wooden fins. I'll try to check. Of course if you've already started hacking that's fine too.Cheers

Steve
Thanks for this info. Steve.

It would be interesting to know if wood was used 'cos I'm not 'hacking' as such yet and anything else you could find about the flaps/rudder would help me no end.

Thanks,

Ron

F

Fenlander

I do like the creativity that this GB has brought into what could have easily been a line up of aircraft all shiny and new. Great ideas and work.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
looking good blue, great job on the mottle , cant wait to see it on its base , cheers tony

R

Richy C

I`m sure no matter how many times you alter it Ron it will still come out a very nice build/dio as usual

Your keeping us on edge , watching with interest mate

Richy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Re: wooden tails. The Ta152 was produced with a wooden tail as well as a metal one. This wider tail found it's way onto some D-9s towards the end of the war causing some to be mis-identified as D-15s. They were pretty much cobbling anything together by this time.I'm not sure that the standard D tail was ever produced in wood. I'll keep my eyes open though.

Cheers

Steve