FW 190 Tamiya 1/48

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks cool Michael. I presume that's the A3 kit?

D

dubster72

That looks excellent to me Michael, nice clean build with great paint. For me, it's fine without any weathering.

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

lovely fokker there just watch that left leg,this is one plane i want to try in the future

mobear

V

Vajled

nice build...

weathering can still wait :smiling3:

try on something little techics and you will see it's not hard...

Promodeller wash, MIG washes... great stuff, and if you are working with acrilyc laquer all oil based paints will be usefull and great for weathering and wash, even ordinary wood 4B pencil :smiling3:

And watch out in the future for wheels... and you can still correct that

In the end, nice build, nicely painted and how I can see without any visible joints...

Step by step my friend and will be fine :smiling3:

Roman

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job,very well put together and painted! No WW2 aeroplane HAS to be weathered. I'm with Roman on the wheels,this shows the correct geommetry.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Michael
Thanks for the kind words, yeah the undercarriage! Bit of a pain, they set in that angle and I had a bit of trouble putting them right, I'm going to have another go and I'll put up a new pic with the reworked undercarriage.

thanks again m

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I'm going to have another go and I'll put up a new pic with the reworked undercarriage.thanks again m
Definitely worth it. It's a really nice build and worth fixing such a minor thing!

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Michael I too struggled with the correct alignment on my FW190 but as already stated earlier its worth fixing. The build is very nicely done,great paint work as well!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It looks great Michael, will be a fantastic model to display and be proud of. Look forward to seeing another pic of the corrected landing gear.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Nice work on the Würger, my favorite WW2 fighter. Looks fine apart from the landing gear which was previously mentioned. Next time, try using more light when taking photos; as they are now, they're way too dark and camo can hardly be seen.

Keep up the good work!